Lattices 1-1 Brizzle City: Post-match reaction thread

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather was the winner. But we have to play it on the deck in weather like that in a closer formation like wolves did...brrrrrr bloody cold too??ye gods

Not pretty, thought Danny's goal was going over the crossbar boy was I wrong....

Tbh thought Bristol were the better team, passed it better out to the flanks and I think has more shots on target too.

Missed their lads injury was it a bad tackle by us or did he just land awkwardly?

It's a point, but getting a bit peeded off now that we seem to get the points away more than at home. We need to sort home form out.

Onwards and upwards....I hope

Edited by underdog

LJ ought to get them practising defending near-post corners. 3 in 5 games we've conceded from them.

Poor game and bermusing that Korey Smith especially was trying to play long passes in those windy conditions. You'd think passing on the floor would be more logical.

Stead must've had more touches in the first half than Rooney had in his whole spell with us. He was trying to find the ball and actually make things happen even though he was a little rusty, not helped by them dropping deeper second half.

New centre halfs aren't marauding and comfortable on the ball like Tarky, although maybe that's what we need. Solid enough.

Thought Bobby Reid was their best player.

Oh, and sat in the RRE I heard the collision from a Wesolowski crunching tackle made near the Chaddy. Sums his 100 games up. After this season I'd like us to see him play another hundred, even moreso as he's started to improve the attacking element of his game.

Edited by NewBlue

Philly's goal was a cracker. Really thought we were going to open the floodgates on them after that start. Their goal is something we need to stop giving away time and time again though. Unacceptable.

Thought they were good at getting the ball down the right wing, but then did naff all with it. A game we should've won, easily and by many goals.

HOWEVER. In those conditions I am happy with a point, even though 3 would've seen us jump up a few more places.

Poor game between two poor sides on the day, was a shocker!!

Felt it was worrying that we were so heavily reliant on the Grounds - Harkins axis down the left to create anything of note as I felt we were really unbalanced! Despite defending reasonably well on the whole, we are far too slow to react to, and in the second phase from, corners. In a game like today it was plainly the only way they were going to score!

It could be worse though as I have felt, naively, that Bristol City must have enough to pull away from the base of the table.....not on that evidence!!

Despite the horrendous conditions, was definitely 2 points dropped!

Re: the penalty shout. It would have been even worse than the penalty Tranmere got against us earlier in the season. I can't see how anyone could think it was a penalty.

Struggling with this. Right in front of me. Their keeper hesitated. Philli nipped in between him and the defender, who were waiting for each other, and took the ball. The keeper panicked and then clumsily caught him late (cleaned him out in fact) and brought him down. Stonewall. Doesn't matter where the ball went, anywhere else on the pitch: it's a foul and a yellow card for a late challenge. In fact, exactly what Stead was booked off, but that was far harsher as there was minimal contact. Phili was wiped off his feet. Philli looked flabbergasted it wasn't given. Their keeper trotted off at breakneck speed and looked surprised also! Opinions eh.

Struggling with this. Right in front of me. Their keeper hesitated. Philli nipped in between him and the defender, who were waiting for each other, and took the ball. The keeper panicked and then clumsily caught him late (cleaned him out in fact) and brought him down. Stonewall. Doesn't matter where the ball went, anywhere else on the pitch: it's a foul and a yellow card for a late challenge. In fact, exactly what Stead was booked off, but that was far harsher as there was minimal contact. Phili was wiped off his feet. Philli looked flabbergasted it wasn't given. Their keeper trotted off at breakneck speed and looked surprised also! Opinions eh.

100% spot on, I was right behind it. Stonewall.

It was a clean tackle by the keeper. Had a perfect view in the main stand upper.