The New Boy

Terry Crossley played twice in late 50s

Thanks.

I see he was a B.Sc., and a teacher at Chorlton Grammar school. He got his chance to make his debut during a 'flu epidemic when the Club's playing resources were depleted. It didn't keep the crowd away though, as 12,228 was the biggest home crowd of the season. He had a 50% scoring record.

It must be an unusual first name, and nearly as rare as 'Diego' playing for Latics.

Thanks.

I see he was a B.Sc., and a teacher at Chorlton Grammar school. He got his chance to make his debut during a 'flu epidemic when the Club's playing resources were depleted. It didn't keep the crowd away though, as 12,228 was the biggest home crowd of the season. He had a 50% scoring record.

It must be an unusual first name, and nearly as rare as 'Diego' playing for Latics.

Rarity value ...

Hey there's a thread in the making - Most popular First names for Latics players

Maybe not.

Terry was brought on to shore up the midfield. CW had been much quieter in the 2nd half, after an excellent 1st half, and was tiring. As above, he did nothing 'wrong', but that's because he didn't attempt anything IMO. Don't remember any tackles or headers, and barring some short passes he did virtually nothing. If anything he helped Gillingham dominate the last 20 minutes by sitting deeper and deeper with Wes and wasn't able to pressurise the man on the ball.

The passing game which was a part of the first half disappeared as soon as Winchester went off and I pray that CW gets another chance to shine on Tuesday. LJ desperately needs to develop his game further, by increasing his forward thinking - as soon as he did today Stead was put through on goal and his pass began the move for the goal. LJ has done more than Dickov ever did for CW, but he needs to give him a chance to get a run in his real position whilst Korey Smith remains side-lined.

A very similar performance from Mellor against Bristol City was criticised far and wide. Yes it was a VERY brief spell and I'm not judging Terry long-term after that viewing, but this is an honest assessment of his 20 minutes in blue and white.

Edited by eyres_28

Terry was brought on to shore up the midfield. CW had been much quieter in the 2nd half, after an excellent 1st half, and was tiring. As above, he did nothing 'wrong', but that's because he didn't attempt anything IMO. Don't remember any tackles or headers, and barring some short passes he did virtually nothing. If anything he helped Gillingham dominate the last 20 minutes by sitting deeper and deeper with Wes and wasn't able to pressurise the man on the ball.

The passing game which was a part of the first half disappeared as soon as Winchester went off and I pray that CW gets another chance to shine on Tuesday. LJ desperately needs to develop his game further, by increasing his forward thinking - as soon as he did today Stead was put through on goal and his pass began the move for the goal. LJ has done more than Dickov ever did for CW, but he needs to give him a chance to get a run in his real position whilst Korey Smith remains side-lined.

A very similar performance from Mellor against Bristol City was criticised far and wide. Yes it was a VERY brief spell and I'm not judging Terry long-term after that viewing, but this is an honest assessment of his 20 minutes in blue and white.

You make a very good point there. This next couple of weeks could be really crucial for Carl Winchester.