BP seating arrangements and improved atmosphere

Best seating arrangements at BP  

168 members have voted

1. 1. What is the vest seating arrangement to boost atmosphere at BP

• No change. Home and away fans in RRE. Latics have big section.
    • Home fans congregated in the Chaddy. Away fans have the whole RRE.
    • Away fans in the Chaddy. Home fans in the RRE.
    • Latics fans have small section of RRE. Away fans in the big section.
    • Away fans in the mainstand paddock
    • Other

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it official that the stand won't be ready for the new season?

We should get one of the ballboys on that side tonight, to ask hard hat and vis man when it will be finished. Get him to report back on here and then we can debate whether the ballboy is telling us the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

Bring it on....

Hence the trial...

I'll be one of those 300 any day.

But the point is that the scenario you mentioned isn't the point - we often bounce off a good away following. It's when we play teams that bring 50 fans and a dog - and frustratingly they are all that the players here and there's no atmosphere from the home lot.

Stick them in the shed and give a few of us the microphone, different story. Nothing dramatic, it won't inevitably produce 6-0 wins but it might help. The players will hear more of us.

LJ started this so it's pretty clear that's the opinion of him and the players.

That seals it for me.

What's been lost or ignored in all of this is that many of us really don't give a flying :censored: how loud we are or aren't.

All I'm arsed about is success on the pitch - when we have that, even if it's just for a ten minute spell - the atmosphere is fine.

I don't buy this line that louder home fans will mean a better team - I remember several easy 3 or 4 goal wins when we were really good under Shez against the likes of Hereford where the place was like a morgue the whole 90 minutes.

If LJ thinks the players need more noise to help them play better that's yet another reason to get some better players to me.

What a load of old bollocks.

Okay. We won a game when it was quiet once. Shock.

So no point in trying to improve things, at all.

To be fair, it's working well at the moment isn't it.

And just because a slightly louder crowd won't guarantee success, yeah I'm not arsed either.

Loving it.

Okay. We won a game when it was quiet once. Shock.

So no point in trying to improve things, at all.

To be fair, it's working well at the moment isn't it.

And just because a slightly louder crowd won't guarantee success, yeah I'm not arsed either.

Loving it.

It would've been eerily quiet at the RRE end of the ground & the lookers side, I.e. Half the ground, had the clubs (cost saving) plan not been met with hostility.

How does that fit with the better atmosphere argument?

What's been lost or ignored in all of this is that many of us really don't give a flying :censored: how loud we are or aren't.

All I'm arsed about is success on the pitch - when we have that, even if it's just for a ten minute spell - the atmosphere is fine.

I don't buy this line that louder home fans will mean a better team - I remember several easy 3 or 4 goal wins when we were really good under Shez against the likes of Hereford where the place was like a morgue the whole 90 minutes.

If LJ thinks the players need more noise to help them play better that's yet another reason to get some better players to me.

I agree with everything in this post.

I'm not all that bothered about how successful we are. A good day out is what I want. Some people might get that from watching nice football....me, I'd prefer us to be playing fast, attacking, exciting and winning football, of course....but the atmosphere probably matters more to me. I find it boring going watching us at the min hence why I'm being a :censored: fan and finding excuses to give it a miss.

None of which means it isn't better when there's a decent atmosphere as there was in the Chaddy today :grin:

Hopeful of seeing fans in the RRE for the next game from the chaddy. Don't count on it though

Erm. as stated i am a chaddy ST holder moving to rocky end for sat.

flags, scarfs arms and voices.

get em all ready for sat because it make some noise time.

Edited by brierleys555