Stewards and RRE

Was it just me or, unless they all had extremely long torso's, were an awful lot of Preston fans stood up right through the game unchallenged by our wonderful stewards?

Of course they were, they even let one of them keep the ball when we had just got it back to 1-2. Pamper to the guests.

I was at the back corner of the chaddy end standing block through no fault of my own, and a steward came and asked if i would sit down as the people behind were struggling to see. He got the reply "well if I sit down there's 15 more rows of people who are infront of me stood up so I won't see" and then he left. There was an attempt to sit people down but soon disappeared. I noticed the steward with the scar on his head who frequently starts the "sit down" patrol was in the chaddy today as opposed to facing a genuine problem in the away end. The atmosphere today was one of the better ones, even after going a goal down after 4 minutes

My mate has a bee in his bonnet about standing and how some let it happen, some don't. He asked the fa (after a cup game) and they basically admitted that if enough people do it then they don't enforce sitting. It's seen as less of a disturbance to just let it happen.

But if it's a smaller crowd doing it they can enforce it more easily.

There were half a dozen PNE fans on the bus I caught after the game. They were talking to 2 older PNE fans and said they had been standing up the reason they gave was to make everyone else behind them stand up.