Who To Replace Johnson

Harewood trained with us for months! how long was LJ panicing about him????? he replaced Byrne who couldnt pick up a club in league2 , he was older slower and :censored:. Lockwood is the better of the 2.

Didnt Brown only join Carlisle during the week?

Harewood now plays league two and he's just another injury prone striker. He did replace byrne because the ideal back 4 would have been: brown, kusunga, wilson, grounds I presume, can't play that anymore as kusunga is out. Think Lockwood will be cheaper than byrne and will also have been brought in to do some coaching. Not sure about brown but either way he doesn't have anything to do with it

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cheap option with over four years left on his contract, would most probably cost more in severance than a Dowie on a one-year deal.

True if there were no clauses in the contract based on poor performance. If there are no clauses then it's a stupid contract. If there are clauses that say prevent us losing him for nothing if he comes good and prevent him costing us a fortune if he has to go - then it's a pretty astute bit of business.

I can understand the feelings of some on here who want LJ out, but has the money saved by getting rid of Rooney been invested in someone else? The same can be said of the Baxter money. Trying to manage a football team in your first year with ever decreasing funds is no easy matter. Not sure how this season is going to pan out but I think we have got to get behind the team and the manager to try and help the players pull us out of trouble. Johnson won't be fired before the end of the season so I don't think we have any choice - however I feel as sick as the rest of you at how a promising start to the season has ground to a halt.

He's not going anywhere, whether you like it or not.... I said at the time it was a terrible decision, there's nothing we can do. Maybe it's time for Barry to come on and answer some questions.

I'm not so sure, the money men must be getting twitchy, in fact another performance on Saturday like the two we've just witnessed and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a parting of the ways.

I'm not so sure, the money men must be getting twitchy, in fact another performance on Saturday like the two we've just witnessed and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a parting of the ways.

He's got what, 4 years on his contract? There's no way Corney would pay him off, Johnson is to arrogant to resign.

He's got what, 4 years on his contract? There's no way Corney would pay him off, Johnson is to arrogant to resign.

Where do you get that he's arrogant? Vendetta against Johnson for what reason, a few bad results and a few mistakes? The best make mistakes. I'm not saying he is brilliant but what's the point in chopping and changing?

Where do you get that he's arrogant? Vendetta against Johnson for what reason, a few bad results and a few mistakes? The best make mistakes. I'm not saying he is brilliant but what's the point in chopping and changing?

Vendetta for saying he's arrogant? Right.....

Guest Scratch2000uk

He's not going anywhere, whether you like it or not.... I said at the time it was a terrible decision, there's nothing we can do. Maybe it's time for Barry to come on and answer some questions.

Barry answer questions? Now now.

It's quite obvious he's arrogant. Young manager given a League One job and thinks he knows it all.

It's quite obvious he's arrogant. Young manager given a League One job and thinks he knows it all.

How is he arrogant? He explains his tactics in the press, praises supporters and tries to get the best out of them by discussing things such as atmosphere etc. He answers any questions you have to the best of his ability and claps the fans at every game home and away apart from Crawley and Wolves away from what I can remember, how is all that arrogant?

As for 'knowing it all' where has that come from? Don't get this 'Johnson is arrogant' but yeah okay

Vendetta for saying he's arrogant? Right.....

it really does sound like you want him out, bad decision for giving him a longer contract? Good idea at the time and most said it. Every post you put seems to be a jibe at Johnson or Corney or both so answer me how is he arrogant?

How is he arrogant? He explains his tactics in the press, praises supporters and tries to get the best out of them by discussing things such as atmosphere etc. He answers any questions you have to the best of his ability and claps the fans at every game home and away apart from Crawley and Wolves away from what I can remember, how is all that arrogant?

As for 'knowing it all' where has that come from? Don't get this 'Johnson is arrogant' but yeah okay

Refusing to have an assistant thinking he can go it alone, publicly slagging players off, blaming ball boys for results, blaming fans for results. The worst was saying the Jose Baxter song cost us a win at Sheffield United.

It's everybody's fault but his own every week.

it really does sound like you want him out, bad decision for giving him a longer contract? Good idea at the time and most said it. Every post you put seems to be a jibe at Johnson or Corney or both so answer me how is he arrogant?

Many didn't. Even many of his biggest fans questioned the rationale.

Many didn't. Even many of his biggest fans questioned the rationale.

How wasn't it a good idea at the time? Young, enthusiastic manager wanting to ply his trade in football management. We were playing some great football at the time and looked good yet now it's all gone wrong people turn round and slate corney. What would have happened if we had left him, he'd got us to a couple of points outside the playoffs and a team say Bristol City came in and took him away? Corney would have been to blame there too for not offering him a new, longer contract so play the game! Football is about taking risks, going all out to win a game and instead losing it, people will say oh we should have held on to the point, it's all about decisions. We've made one and I think we should stick by Johnson for a while longer and let's see what he can do

How wasn't it a good idea at the time? Young, enthusiastic manager wanting to ply his trade in football management. We were playing some great football at the time and looked good yet now it's all gone wrong people turn round and slate corney. What would have happened if we had left him, he'd got us to a couple of points outside the playoffs and a team say Bristol City came in and took him away? Corney would have been to blame there too for not offering him a new, longer contract so play the game! Football is about taking risks, going all out to win a game and instead losing it, people will say oh we should have held on to the point, it's all about decisions. We've made one and I think we should stick by Johnson for a while longer and let's see what he can do

I think the situation we find ourselves in now tells you why it wasn't good idea at the time. We were not playing great football, that's nonsense. Who the hell was going to poach him based on what he'd done here?

trust me if bristol city came in for him he would be allowed to go for a nominal amount, whats more johnson would want to go.

Refusing to have an assistant thinking he can go it alone, publicly slagging players off, blaming ball boys for results, blaming fans for results. The worst was saying the Jose Baxter song cost us a win at Sheffield United.

It's everybody's fault but his own every week.

Refusing to have an assistant? Wasn't murray supposed to play that role? That was my understanding, cuts costs though and when he started struggling he brought Wright in so that's not arrogant. Publically slagging off players? Guessing this is about remarks made on twitter, frustration maybe? He shouldn't do it but is a manager learning the trade and is bound to make mistakes. Blaming ball boys for results? Not seen this but if he has done it's wrong and as for the baxter song this did spur him on and he ended up scoring a belter. The fans should have been singing about our own 11 instead of the oppositon. Yeah he was a fantastic player and I applauded both his goal (because it was a corker) and applauded him when his name was read out at the start and at the end when he came over to the latics fans but I didn't sing his name because he wasn't wearing a blue shirt!

Everybody's fault but his own? Sure this week he admitted he's made some rash signings, admitted that he needs more strength in the team and when we lost against crawley said he chased the game too early and when we played against wolves away admitted he got the tactics all wrong and that he vowed to put it right in the fa cup games which he did