New Stand

Isn't FC uniteds new stadium coming in at a total of £5million with ALL money all ready in? The stand that's up is the only decent size one and the rest standing as like Curzon ashton I believe.

Our single stand is £4Million so I'd imagine it takes a little more work especially on the foundations etc.

Although I agree it's taking far to long and I guess this points towards all the money not in place!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the club not see what a morale boost it would be for it to exist.

ive often wondered how SC and the directors feel about welcoming visiting teams dignatries into that dilapedated old stand and the embaressment of our piss poor ground its bad enough being a fan and having to be the butt of visiting fans joke but to be the face of the club must be difficult to swallow.

Isn't FC uniteds new stadium coming in at a total of £5million with ALL money all ready in? The stand that's up is the only decent size one and the rest standing as like Curzon ashton I believe.

Our single stand is £4Million so I'd imagine it takes a little more work especially on the foundations etc.

Although I agree it's taking far to long and I guess this points towards all the money not in place!

One of the terraces is a refit of the mighty Dane Bank of Northwich Victoria.

2d0asub.jpg

ive often wondered how SC and the directors feel about welcoming visiting teams dignatries into that dilapedated old stand and the embaressment of our piss poor ground its bad enough being a fan and having to be the butt of visiting fans joke but to be the face of the club must be difficult to swallow.

If it's free they aren't bothered.

The Pyramids at Giza went up quicker than this stand.

You see housing estates appear in no time these days.

Yet we build a stand , where a stand existed before and we don't even appear to have an end date.

You've not been around the Crossley Playing fields estate then?

You see housing estates appear in no time these days.

Yet we build a stand , where a stand existed before and we don't even appear to have an end date.

It's not hard to work out why? Housing estates are often built by large developers who have the money in the back to invest and expect decent profits once the houses are built.

It's not hard to work out why? Housing estates are often built by large developers who have the money in the back to invest and expect decent profits once the houses are built.

I remember the new stand at Halifax Town, half built for years.

Are you referring to the mounds of sand that were left for weeks on end?

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

We've gone cheap for the build using a firm which is linked to the club. The cheaper it is the longer it will take and I will be very surprised if it is done by January. This is due to the excuse of not being able to work in rain and with our record of summers of late.

You are aware that the words drying and rain are almost mutually exclusive aren't you? Not to mention that concrete tends to perform better in construction when the temperature gets above 5C.

Plus cheaper building can mean quicker building as there are fewer man hours to pay for, because man hours tend to make up a significant portion of the costs, and the same materials tend to cost the same amount of money if a job takes 30 months or a year.