New Stand

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rome Mill wasn't built in a day.

Be interesting to know how long it did take to build your average late 19th / early 20th century Oldham cotton mill - amazing feats really considering the lack of heavy machinery, mechanical equipment, :censored:e weather, difficult terrain....all brick construction as well, with plenty of little detail in the elevations and a big :censored: off chimney to boot. Bet they didn't mess about in them days.

Be interesting to know how long it did take to build your average late 19th / early 20th century Oldham cotton mill - amazing feats really considering the lack of heavy machinery, mechanical equipment, :censored:e weather, difficult terrain....all brick construction as well, with plenty of little detail in the elevations and a big :censored: off chimney to boot. Bet they didn't mess about in them days.

See Qatar World Cup and cheap labour

The steel frame is due to start going up on 24th, according to Paul whitehead, when I asked him on Twitter at the weekend.

Concrete bases for stanchions are in place, seem to be just setting.

So you may see something for the Orient game

The steel frame is due to start going up on 24th, according to Paul whitehead, when I asked him on Twitter at the weekend.

Concrete bases for stanchions are in place, seem to be just setting.

So you may see something for the Orient game

That's going to be difficult since the Orient game is in London, the stand isn't going to be that big surely.

"Unless we are hit with some severe weather over the next couple of weeks then at the Brentford game I’d expect you will see the first section of framework up and the first terrace units in place.
Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140304-north-stand-blog-3-1398459.aspx#WdZYYz2OYWBT6ymr.99"

From the blog on the OS. Simple to find and read.....

We will never know where 'that' boat would have taken us. That's a fact. We can only judge where we are and hope for better.

agree but doesnt change my view that it was a missed chance, honestly think we would have been better off but just my opinion.

See Qatar World Cup and cheap labour

Elf and Safety innit. I saw the manager of a big construction project say, "no," when asked if they'd had any serious injuries. Later on he mentioned in passing that a couple of Indians had fallen off the roof a few weeks avoid - it being a 17 storey car park i presume they weren't very well. edit in Abuse Dhabi edit predictive text on the money there. Edited by leeslover

That's going to be difficult since the Orient game is in London, the stand isn't going to be that big surely.

Very good I like that. I see what you did there!

Posters in the past have argued for making a massive statement of intent...

We've gone cheap for the build using a firm which is linked to the club. The cheaper it is the longer it will take and I will be very surprised if it is done by January. This is due to the excuse of not being able to work in rain and with our record of summers of late.

Surely it could be argued that they are cheap because they are linked to the club?

And not paying through the nose for other companies massive overheads?

Surely it could be argued that they are cheap because they are linked to the club?

And not paying through the nose for other companies massive overheads?

Mates rates.

The owner of the company also volunteers at BP so at least we know he's not going to stiff us.

Edited by laticsrblue

We've gone cheap for the build using a firm which is linked to the club. The cheaper it is the longer it will take and I will be very surprised if it is done by January. This is due to the excuse of not being able to work in rain and with our record of summers of late.

It was roasting last summer...

I hear it's not going to be finished till January. I reckon that will be pushing it as well.

In his MEN interview yesterday, SC dispelled claims that the playing budget had been hit by having to pay for the new stand currently under construction on the Broadway side of the ground, which has been hit by the Football Foundation withdrawing £700,000.

“They changed their policies and that was a massive blow,” he said. “But we are still hoping the seats and the concourses will be open for fans at the start of next season. Fans should see steelwork going up for the Brentford game."

No news about the money-making facilities to make the Club self-sufficient, which are presumably scheduled for completion by January.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns