Players you have played with/against

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 40 in June and grew up / still live in Salford. I went to Wentworth High School in Eccles where I played both with and against Ben Thornley (ex-Man Utd, Huddersfield, Blackpool). He was pretty good but wouldn't have been much to shout about if you took away his lightning pace.

At 14 my family moved house so I then went to Moorside High School in Swinton where I played both with and against Ryan Giggs, although he went by the name of Wilson back then. He was, quite literally, :censored:ing UNTOUCHABLE...

I'm 40 in June and grew up / still live in Salford. I went to Wentworth High School in Eccles where I played both with and against Ben Thornley (ex-Man Utd, Huddersfield, Blackpool). He was pretty good but wouldn't have been much to shout about if you took away his lightning pace.

At 14 my family moved house so I then went to Moorside High School in Swinton where I played both with and against Ryan Giggs, although he went by the name of Wilson back then. He was, quite literally, :censored:ing UNTOUCHABLE...

Sorry BTS, I have never heard of him.

Bloody hell BP, I feel old watching that ha ha.

I also played with and against the Salford substitute, the number 12 Roger Kumar, the big black lad who ballooned that sitter over the bar at the end. He was a very good player, equally as good at cricket, surprised he never made it in the professional game.

Bloody hell BP, I feel old watching that ha ha.

I also played with and against the Salford substitute, the number 12 Roger Kumar, the big black lad who ballooned that sitter over the bar at the end. He was a very good player, equally as good at cricket, surprised he never made it in the professional game.

What happened to Winwood, he looked good ?

What happened to Winwood, he looked good ?

Can't say I ever met him BP, presumably another one who didn't quite make the grade. I'm sure he's one of many who nearly made it.

Just to clarify, in case anyone was in any doubt about my ability, I was :censored:e. I just ran about a lot and kicked everything that moved. I couldn't have hit a barn door with a banjo...

I played 6 a side last year in Salford on a Wednesday night, and there was a lad didnt run much, just got the ball passed, moved ever so slightly and noone got anywhere near him (he even back heel megged me for a goal when I was in the sticks). Turns out his name was Josh Vela from Bolton, and he was in the starting 11 in centre mid against Watford in the FA Cup on the Saturday!

Can't say I ever met him BP, presumably another one who didn't quite make the grade. I'm sure he's one of many who nearly made it.

Just to clarify, in case anyone was in any doubt about my ability, I was :censored:e. I just ran about a lot and kicked everything that moved. I couldn't have hit a barn door with a banjo...

You would do well in this division then. :grin:

When i was 9 i went to a training camp which was with the FA and Tesco, Frank Lampard and Kelly Smith was there and i played alongside them. That was 6 years ago when Lampard was playing at his peak however he was playing against 8/9 year olds so didn't see his full ability.

His brothers wife wasn't though.

I've played with and against a few ex pros. The most high profile being the ex England duo of David Nish and Roger Davis (for different teams) when they were playing in the Burton leagues during the mid 80s. I remember Nish being particularly classy.

I currently work with former Sheffield Wednesday (and others) defender, Dean Barrick. He turns out quite regularly for our Friday afternoon games. He also claims that Andy Ritchie tried to sign him for Oldham but Chr*s M**re but the block on it.

Played against Tom Pratt last year at Ashton 6-a-side. Made his debut as a sub for Bury against us last year when we won 1-0. Cracking little player with pace and a bullet shot despite being small. Now with no club.

Edited by PatchLatics

His brothers wife wasn't though.

His brother Rhodri was a bell end of the highest order. Relatively talented footballer but an utter dick.

They may have looked alike but they couldn't have been any more different personality wise.

I'm not suggesting Ryan was right to bang her though, obviously.

Edited by Break The Silence