North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently having some building work done at home. With the weather as it has been temperature wise for the last week it has been too cold to lay any bricks / made working at hieght too dangerous.

Might be legitiamte reasons....

Doubt we will ever find out but would be interested to know in what 'form' the funding has/is received from OMBC given it was seemingly the reason for the Evans deal collapsing.

In August 2011, Oldham Council agreed a £5.7m deal with Oldham Athletic, under which the Council agreed to buy the Lancaster Club at Failsworth, hand over a £700,000 grant and renegotiate the club's lease on their Chapel Road training facility.

The rarely-wrong Chron reported at the time that the deal was on the understanding that some of the money would be used for a new North Stand to replace the demolished Lookers Stand, but no actual figures were disclosed.

Simon Corney revealed some of the cash would go to paying off a small part of a debt owed to his business partners and former co-owners Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal. He added that he hoped work would start on the new stand, which may include a hotel, gym, retail and leisure facilities and a conferencing suite, within a year.

"There's a long way to go," he said. "But this deal secures our future in the town."

He added: "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise we need millions more. But that is now the challenge for us".

Paul Whithead has just tweeted that the first delivery of roof cladding is here. Lets hope they've being kept safely on site until the summer when work starts up.

B74MlSlIYAAn6NY.jpg

Perhaps sc isn't waiting around. Get the stand up, he knows the st money is coming and see to the good dr or whoever else wants a club with a new stand they don't really own.

Corney said, after his recent quit threat, that he was determined to see the stand built under his tenure but he didn't put a time scale on it.

Corney described this season’s F.A. Cup exit as "devastating". I agree with him, because it means I’ve missed out on the opportunity to try to represent Latics in a choir singing Abide With Me at Wembley prior to the F.A. Cup Final. :)

http://www.thefa.com/News/the-fa-cup/2015/jan/join-the-songs-of-praise-fa-cup-fans-choir

I love it when the facts get in the way of a load of bollocks post from a supposed club :sauce::laught30:

I stand by what i was informed, this was pre sc rant and the bad vibes at the club. Can only relay what i get. I'll date the next info i give.

Info on Forte's knee and possible retirement, 2 weeks old. News on the stand pre Christmas.

Its getting to the point now were there has to be more sources than employees working at Latics.

Im surprised anything happens at the club at all with the amount of info coming out of it.

98% of it is bull:censored: aswell, they cant even get inside knowledge right!

Archived