North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently working on a construction site and the amount of hitches and hold-ups to progress is quite high and occur on practically a daily basis.

The project is still six months from the intended complation date. At one point, it was thought that completion would be before that date, now it is more likely to be beyond that date.

I have watched the buliding go through the different stages and it's funny how sometimes the progress appears to be rapid and then it slows down and appears as though there is nothing happening at all.

My source tells me we are selling the chaddy to pay for the north stand. Then selling the main stand for a new chaddy end. The site of the mainstand will be replaced by a burger truck ----- source is chaddy the owl

Excellent I like burgers! :chubb:

What are the green credentials of the new stand? Probably missed a few tricks in that department.

Modern building regs are pretty good when it comes to this sort of thing. But yes, there will have been more that could have been done I'm sure.

What are the green credentials of the new stand? Probably missed a few tricks in that department.

Modern building regs are pretty good when it comes to this sort of thing. But yes, there will have been more that could have been done I'm sure.

I would much rather we did it cost effectively.

Fair enough if it is going to save moeny in the long run, but most of it is proven to take years to repay the cost. I don't think we are in that luxurious a position.

And we are not going to lose a single fan because the new stand is not green enough.

I would much rather we did it cost effectively.

Fair enough if it is going to save moeny in the long run, but most of it is proven to take years to repay the cost. I don't think we are in that luxurious a position.

And we are not going to lose a single fan because the new stand is not green enough.

I'm not renewing my season ticket unless I get assurances that the new stand can completely stop world pollution.

Documents accompanying the Planning Application:

Energy Statement:

http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/files/A1305E8F13222ACF106A3812940EE475/pdf/PA_333100_12-ENERGY_STATEMENT-1466070.pdf

Ecological Assessment:

http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/files/FEF27E2BD667E57B1DFC10C205B72291/pdf/PA_333100_12-ECOLOGICAL_ASSESSMENT-1466075.pdf

Solar panes are to be fitted at the back of the 2nd floor. Any other green garbage is a waist of money.

Solar panes are to be fitted at the back of the 2nd floor. Any other green garbage is a waist of money.

The panels will be on top of the new stand facing South. It will be an opportunity not to be missed for the moaners in the Main Stand when the sun reflects off them into their eyes. That should heat up the main stand a bit, so free electricity and heating, can't be bad.

heat in the stand your getting spoilt you lot what happened to ICE STATION ZEBRA will this be named the sub tropical stand your very demanding' when I where a lad we still had polar bears in Shaw the ones that survived the cold. the brass monkeys did not fare much better just spoke with a high pitched voice.

Archived