North Stand Construction Thread

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the diagonal side supports at each end of the stand from roof to terracing are not mounted level with each other and it's been bugging me ever since...The CRE support is much further back than the one at the RRE, I thought that perhaps it could have something to do with future development of the CRE corners.

Anybody know the reason for this? Perhaps Paul Whitehead could enlighten us.

The camera can't lie!

The one at the Chaddy End:.

14809029324_f9afe12355.jpg

The one at the RRE:

15643626322_c56b659468.jpg

They look the same to me.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The camera can't lie!

The one at the RRE:

They look the same to me.

Thanks......at least it's not doing my head in anymore. I was looking at it from the mainstand and it was probably due to the ground level falling away towards the CRE.

The camera can't lie!

The one at the RRE:

I assume, maybe wrongly, that the diagonal sides are designed for appearance rather than practicality.

When we have sell out gates next season I pity the poor sods who will have to sit close to the edges of those front 4 or 5 rows, they are going to be fully exposed to the rain and cold winter winds whipping round the stand.

Is it just me who visions the new stand and all its glory opening to a CHAMPIONSHIP game at home in front of a bumper 13,000 crowd with all the corporate boxes filled, a supporters bar filled on a hot sunny august day,

Did anyone ever answer my question about what the difference would be between a "bar" and a "supporters bar"?

I don't remember and I'm not trawling through this gargantuan thread and I still don't know...

The external walls are going up at last.

15525944148_ce8dd3976c_c.jpg

At 7:30am today, the named bricks arrived on a lorry driven though the night from Barnstaple in Devon.

There was some work going on last night too. The noise almost spoilt the Gareth Malone Children in Need choir programme...

There was some work going on last night too. The noise almost spoilt the Gareth Malone Children in Need choir programme...

Where the bloody hell do you live? Have you bought one of those houses on the old clayton site..you've posted you can here the drum at tonight's youth match at bp too

Or are you squatting and secretly hide in the fellas loos and come out after bp is locked up and live there until next match Mr Sinnott

• 2 weeks later...

Anything happened on this recently. Ive seen that Peterborough (who started later but got grants) finished their stand and had fans in it Saturday

But to be fair, I don't think their chairman was doing it as a spare time DIY project ;-)

Imagine how boring it must be being a Peterborough fan. No planning permission saga, no years of hoping, no gold bricks, no Christmas-levels of excitement over the first bit of scaffolding, no time lapse videos.

Just one stand gone, another thrown up in its place. Go sit in it and learn about energy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived