North Stand Construction Thread

in the mid 90,s plans were being drawn up for sports park 2000 to share with the rugby when they sold there ground

since then the council have done nothing for us an I've watched the slow decline of latics an more so the rugby

we finally get a stand up that Were proud of an now we run out of money to finish it

last week all lapsed fans an the council get there way an we have to buckle to them over signing a player

it's precisely the council an the stayaways that we have to resort to this as we haven't got any money

so yeah I'm struggling to see what's funny about some :censored: having a go at our stand going rusty

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in the mid 90,s plans were being drawn up for sports park 2000 to share with the rugby when they sold there ground

since then the council have done nothing for us an I've watched the slow decline of latics an more so the rugby

we finally get a stand up that Were proud of an now we run out of money to finish it

last week all lapsed fans an the council get there way an we have to buckle to them over signing a player

it's precisely the council an the stayaways that we have to resort to this as we haven't got any money

so yeah I'm struggling to see what's funny about some :censored: having a go at our stand going rusty

Your full stop button needs fixing.

You have to wonder if the plans for the stand were over ambitious to start with, its not like the funds have dried up with finishing touches left to do its months away from being completed with work seemingly at a stand still, in SC interview he said there would be significant changes by January lets hope they materialise.

What a terribly limited view of history... Particularly regarding the councils input... We wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the council buying Boundary Park...

Chip.jpg

And that new stand is nothing to be proud of. Its a shinning example of failure...

Who is saying we've run out of cash?

It makes no logical sense for work to cease for months other than cashflow problems. Cant think of any other reason not to get the stand up and running, please dont say its the weather City have managed to knock up a £200 million training facility in the time we have been constructing our stand.

I've worked on building sites for years so just to allay anyone's fears metal does rust.

grammar was never my strong point but I made up for that with hard work an determination which will get you further in life.

this is my 36th year supporting latics an in that time we had success for 4 to 5 years with 30 plus years being a struggle.

I wish I could give them up an do something else but I cant.

sorry for the rant but that's what this message board is for, isn't it.

elaborate sure oafc0000 says the new stand is a failure an comments about all thing latics but doesn't go.

it's like complaining about food at a restaurant you've never been in ?

I only make 15 games a season so I comment about the ones I've been to an just read the ones I can't make.

he's probably a really nice bloke but he gets on my tits

elaborate sure oafc0000 says the new stand is a failure an comments about all thing latics but doesn't go.

it's like complaining about food at a restaurant you've never been in ?

I only make 15 games a season so I comment about the ones I've been to an just read the ones I can't make.

he's probably a really nice bloke but he gets on my tits

lol

I didn't say the new stand was a failure... I said its an example of failure... of the past 12 years of failure... The big dreams of TTA went nowhere... We now have something which is barely an improvement on what we knocked down and now we have no land in the future to cash in on.... We wasted our chance of doing something truly great... Blew money on failed projects like Failsworth... etc

I am quite a nice bloke. Most people seem to like me in the real world. Bet they call me all sorts behind my back :D Ultimately people don't like being taken out of their comfort zone or having to listen to people more intelligent than them. It pisses people off :D

I spent twenty four years watching Latics as a session ticket holder and spent the last four not doing for reasons that are starting to fade plus raising a young family. I will be back at some point. Certain people won't be around forever.... and I know how :censored:ty the food tastes my friend :)

How do I ignore people? Proper bored of 0000's weird world view now. After sports park 2000, the block on the original north stand, the :censored: up over the failsworth site and the recent interference of politics into Football (not to mention what they did to the rugby) only he could possibly pop up and somehow see that the council buying the ground at a massively reduced price, and without me insinuating their ulterior motive (see rugby), only he could possibly pop up and praise them. I cant take it anymore...

It's true... And when you say reduced fee are you suggesting the council made a profit when they sold? Otherwise it's a nothing point

They used tax payers money to make sure the club was protected at its darkiest moment. If the council had not bought the stand and the land there may have been nothing for TTA to buy.

As much as some of the other stuff is some what true so is that bit.

Ignore me lol :) some people really cant handle an alternative view point :)

Archived