Advice for Saturday

I'm hoping to take my little girl (age 5) to the Brentford game and wondered if anyone has any advice on which stand/area would be best to go in. Thinking access to toilets, atmosphere but not too much language etc. Also, from what age do they charge for entry? We used to take my nephew and he never seemed to pay until he was quite a bit older.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping to take my little girl (age 5) to the Brentford game and wondered if anyone has any advice on which stand/area would be best to go in. Thinking access to toilets, atmosphere but not too much language etc. Also, from what age do they charge for entry? We used to take my nephew and he never seemed to pay until he was quite a bit older.

Hmmmm, atmosphere.....

I take a five year old girl to the occasional match it should be a fiver for her but sometimes they let her in for free even when I offer to pay so it depends which turn style operator it is ,it's in the rre by the way

I remember my old man still carrying me in (head tucked in the shoulder) when I was about 7! Remember a 0-0 draw at Roker Park when my dad took me and my younger brother. I was about 12 but a very kind steward refused to let my dad pay for me and my brother and walked us through the gates... Never seen me old man so chuffed!

I take a five year old girl to the occasional match it should be a fiver for her but sometimes they let her in for free even when I offer to pay so it depends which turn style operator it is ,it's in the rre by the way

I'll probably just play dumb, but have a fiver at the ready just in case they ask. Latics won't be losing out anyway as we'll be in the club shop before kick off. Looking forward to introducing her to a lifetime of misery...

Many have waxed lyrical about the fantastic facilities in the Rochdale Road End of late - there's a soft play area, TV screen on the back of the seat in front of you, free pick n mix & waitress service. Not to mention the world famous "acoustics".

One word of warning - you might want to bring big headphones for her like when one of the Foo Fighters has his kid sat just off stage because we're told it's going to be mightily LOUD in there tomorrow. :grin:

Many have waxed lyrical about the fantastic facilities in the Rochdale Road End of late - there's a soft play area, TV screen on the back of the seat in front of you, free pick n mix & waitress service. Not to mention the world famous "acoustics".

One word of warning - you might want to bring big headphones for her like when one of the Foo Fighters has his kid sat just off stage because we're told it's going to be mightily LOUD in there tomorrow. :grin:

Thanks for the advice, Harry. They've obviously spent a few bob on the RRE in the last month or two.

She does have very sensitive hearing. We often say she could hear a pin drop so i thought Boundary Park would be a good place to test my theory.

Thanks for the advice, Harry. They've obviously spent a few bob on the RRE in the last month or two.

She does have very sensitive hearing. We often say she could hear a pin drop so i thought Boundary Park would be a good place to test my theory.

The right hand side (furthest from away fans) as you enter it tends to be best/quietest/least sweary for kids but with the club asking Chaddy Enders to relocate for tomorrow it might be different.

The Chaddy End is the ideal place for her - a family section, not too noisy, plenty of space to run around unhindered and if both of you shout "Johnson, Johnson give us a wave!", he will do.

P.S. Plus a Tuck Shop.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Well when I brought my. 5 year old to his first game this season I wanted to take him in the upper main stand , so went to get tickets. . I asked the lovely lady with the great attitude how much for my lad who's 5 she charged me a tenner . Which is an absolute disgrace IMO . £10 for a child that's basically more interested in looking at the crowd and eating his hot dog, needless to say I've not took him again since as not able to afford. My boy goes school in bury and almost every week comes home with free tickets for a child and adult for bury games . What are our club doing to promote to the next generation. No wonder we lose the future fans to city and utd

Well when I brought my. 5 year old to his first game this season I wanted to take him in the upper main stand , so went to get tickets. . I asked the lovely lady with the great attitude how much for my lad who's 5 she charged me a tenner . Which is an absolute disgrace IMO . £10 for a child that's basically more interested in looking at the crowd and eating his hot dog, needless to say I've not took him again since as not able to afford. My boy goes school in bury and almost every week comes home with free tickets for a child and adult for bury games . What are our club doing to promote to the next generation. No wonder we lose the future fans to city and utd

Entitled to your opinion, freedom of speech etc etc

But you aren't half a moaning bugger.

Club has often given free tickets to schools.

Was it beyond your means to check in advance how much it would be for her?

Are you saying we should give away tickets to Bury schools?

please bring up some posts where it shows I'm a moaning ? Think you will find I'm actually quite positive towards the club, just find the pricing structure quite excessive!

Entitled to your opinion, freedom of speech etc etc

But you aren't half a moaning bugger.

Club has often given free tickets to schools.

Was it beyond your means to check in advance how much it would be for her?

You can get a season ticket for a child (under 12) in the RRE or Chaddy End for £10! Bury charge £25 for under 11s

Thanks Diego for making a valid point instead of just shooting me down. . This is something I will look into when he has a bit more interest. After reading this board for years I've now realised unless you've got thousands of posts (mostly inane) you've no real right to an opinion, starting off your reply with you have your right to your opinion and then personally abusing me is not on Pete . <silly name-calling removed>

If I was taking my 5 year old to Latics ,I would't even think of taking her in the Chaddy, or the Rochdale road end. Main stand has toilet facilities, drinks, sweets, decent atmosphere when the team are doing it on the pitch, and the clincher for me, no bad language.

Thanks Diego for making a valid point instead of just shooting me down. . This is something I will look into when he has a bit more interest. After reading this board for years I've now realised unless you've got thousands of posts (mostly inane) you've no real right to an opinion, starting off your reply with you have your right to your opinion and then personally abusing me is not on Pete . You have the right to say want you want to me pete ....... You :censored:

is it board regs now that youve got to be on crack before posting?