Back room staff restructure

Fairly certain he is actually involved mainly in the analysis side of things

...was surely going to be something ljke that.

I didn't for one moment think we'd have a chap employeed to change lightbulbs etc for the players like United and the rest.

Says cloese to agreement with those in talks.

Am I the only one who thinks a fitness coach is a bit much at our level, especially looking at all the other coaching staff we have.

A decent fitness coach will pay for himself in points. We've seen some shockingly unfit Latics sides since Dowie and Harbin left. Makes a huge difference if your players don't run out of steam after 70 minutes.

A decent fitness coach will pay for himself in points. We've seen some shockingly unfit Latics sides since Dowie and Harbin left. Makes a huge difference if your players don't run out of steam after 70 minutes.

I agree with the need for the fitness, just not sure that we need a coach specifically for it. What would he do all day? They only train for about 4 hours, take everything else out, and they cannot be doing 90 minutes fitness every few days. We know swimming is good, and boxing favoured by Harbin. Tennis knackers you out, as does squash. None of them need a coach, I would think. Between Head Physio and the rest of them they could sort that, surely.

I agree with the need for the fitness, just not sure that we need a coach specifically for it. What would he do all day? They only train for about 4 hours, take everything else out, and they cannot be doing 90 minutes fitness every few days. We know swimming is good, and boxing favoured by Harbin. Tennis knackers you out, as does squash. None of them need a coach, I would think. Between Head Physio and the rest of them they could sort that, surely.

Work privately as well?... the new stand will have the facilities.

Pretty sure that I have read that the place has already been let out. Will dig it out.

They used to run a private physio from the old Main Stand... I would highly doubt that's been missed in the new one, with a much better facility and the hospital over the road they would be set up perfectly.

The way LJ likes to play it's very important the players are as fit as they can be and can recover quickly between games. Heard so many times that players can't manage two games a week or that we concede late goals. Better fitness and less fatigue could have seen us being that bit higher in the league last season.