what a boring few months we have in store

Surely there's more to life than OWTB?

Leaving the premises shortly with my good lady for a amble along the Macclesfield Canal and lunch and a flagon at The Axe and Cleaver in Dunham Massey. Something I wouldn't be doing if Latics were playing, but a very agreeable alternative nonetheless.

Cricket is a good cure for boredom - so I'm told.

He's :censored:. A donkey of epic proportions. It's like a throwback to the late 90's when we accepted non footballers such as Garnett, Hodgson and my name sake...

Yeah, i mean he's so :censored: he helped keep a number of clean sheets in our 10 game unbeaten run, scored a couple and kept some of the best strikers in the league quiet, along with Wilson

Do you have a higher opinion of Guy Branston than Adam Lockwood??

He's not the best but he isn't the worst - he defends, simple as that, which, last time i looked, is his job title

Had we more money to attract ball-playing centre halves with pace and power then granted you'd have a point but he's done nothing wrong so far and I had my doubts like most when he first signed

Edited by shefflatic

He's :censored:. A donkey of epic proportions. It's like a throwback to the late 90's when we accepted non footballers such as Garnett, Hodgson and my name sake...

in fairness.. you didn't like tarkowski to start with, so what's your ideal centre half? somewhere in between the two would be perfect but they tend to be up in the premier league...

which would you prefer, a tarky like centre half that concedes quite a few goals but classy on the ball or a lockwood type centre half that doesn't concede many at all and plays it simple?

in fairness.. you didn't like tarkowski to start with, so what's your ideal centre half? somewhere in between the two would be perfect but they tend to be up in the premier league...

which would you prefer, a tarky like centre half that concedes quite a few goals but classy on the ball or a lockwood type centre half that doesn't concede many at all and plays it simple?

Fitz Hall...

He didn't ask who was in our price bracket : he asked who my ideal centre back was...

If you were going to suggest your ideal centre back bearing no reference to our budget you may as well have said John Terry.

The actual question he asked was....do you prefer a Tarky type who plays football but lets a few in or a Lockwood type who is more solid but keeps it simple?

Edited by oafc1955

If you were going to suggest your ideal centre back bearing no reference to our budget you may as well have said John Terry.

The actual question he asked was....do you prefer a Tarky type who plays football but lets a few in or a Lockwood type who is more solid but keeps it simple?

His first sentence : "who would be your ideal centre half"...

TBF to Lee Sinnott I wouldn't be surprised if Lockwood is more expensive than Fitz Hall, when we signed Fitz Hall he came from non-league, and it was below the conference. IIRC him and Andrews who both came from Chesham were working as "actors" at the time.

Fitz Hall also struggled to play much for Watford last season, and is currently out of contract, whilst he may be out of our price range, he may not be, especially if no team picks him up between now and the start of the season, as Watford released him at the end of last season and he didn't rejoin them until November.

Surely there's more to life than OWTB?Leaving the premises shortly with my good lady for a amble along the Macclesfield Canal and lunch and a flagon at The Axe and Cleaver in Dunham Massey. Something I wouldn't be doing if Latics were playing, but a very agreeable alternative nonetheless.Cricket is a good cure for boredom - so I'm told.

Done the same ourselves to relieve the boredom.Walking the Cheshire Ring got as far as,Preston Brook last weekend,35 miles to go to complete 95 miles round trip.