Concerts at BP

I seem to recall a couple of years back mention of holding concerts at Boundary Park.

Could this be something we can really press on with when we get the new stand finished or has the idea gone by the wayside?

The extra income generated from it could potentially be huge if done properly.

I doubt it's an option now because of the new stand being where the stage would have been. Besides time for a concert would be very limited, and would need to be held before work starts on the pitch.

When the club where in administration was there not talk of some gig planned only to be told we needed some sort of special LIcense, Be a good money earner but anyone who has been to Shrewsbury ground its a modern staduim and away from local houses.

Edited by oafctom

When the club where in administration was there not talk of some gig planned only to be told we needed some sort of special LIcense, Be a good money earner but anyone who has been to Shrewsbury ground its a modern staduim and away from local houses.

Fair point, the neighbours would kick up one heck of a fuss!

Saw them at the Ritz last year (minus Tom Hingley). Left a lot to be desired.

I know he wasn't the original singer, but for me, Hingley's voice IS the Inspiral Carpets (along with Clint's keyboard). Just doesn't sound right with the new/old guy.