Capital One League Cup 2014-15

The draw for the first round takes place at 10:00am on 17th June. Unseeded Latics will play one of these seeded clubs:

1. Barnsley
2. Blackburn Rovers
3. Blackpool
4. Bolton Wanderers
5. Bradford City
6. Derby County
7. Doncaster Rovers
8. Huddersfield Town
9. Leeds United
10. Middlesbrough
11. Nottingham Forest
12. Port Vale
13. Preston North End
14. Rotherham United
15. Sheffield United
16. Sheffield Wednesday
17. Wigan Athletic

That is an excellent list of potential away trips to go with the already local league calendar. I'd love any of Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton, Derby, Leeds, Wigan or Wednesday away.

Unfortunately it'll be a Tuesday night fixture so the same numbers won't travel. Nevertheless it's not a bad competition this for a decent money spinner or away day.

Edited by NewBlue

Bradford at home.

I'd like to progress in this competition for once rather than losing 2-0 to a Championship side in a third full ground (either home or away!). Bradford at home appears the best chance of doing that.

So with less than 45 minutes left of the season, we were due to be one of the seeded clubs, but Notts County's equaliser, and Bradford's equaliser and then winner to send Tranmere down put pay to that.

Every cloud though.

Middlesbrough away. Tour of the chemical plant in the day then onto the match

With a cheeky Parmo for the journey home.

Aside from Bradford (either home or away), I'm quite tempted by Wigan away, so we can further demonstrate that we are the proper Latics off the field (could easily have more fans than them) before our players hopefully demonstrate it on the field.

Could be worse, at least it's someone a bit different. A chance to test ourselves against a higher standard of opposition. We looked decent until late on against Derby last year if I remember correctly, no reason we can't catch Boro cold early in their season.

Capital One, the credit card provider and League Cup sponsor, has teamed up with all 72 Football League clubs to launch a great offer, where adult fans can buy up to five children's tickets for just £1 each at all round one matches.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140617-kid-for-a-quid-1646475.aspx