I thought the 2 in the middle played ok, more so the lad from Crawley. Both very busy and always available. Kelly played quite deep and didn't really get forward to much. Winchester did ok in spells but had periods were he ran around doing nothing. Dayton, well he was gash. Didn't beat the full back or put in any dangerous crosses and then screwed up a 3 on 2 attack by being greedy. He got a massive bollocking off Johnson and was subbed 5 mins later, very annoying.

Wilson from col u looked a solid full back, not very attacking but did all the basics well. On the other side mills was his usual attacking self but for me didn't have a great game.

Forte was great first half but tired in the 2nd, very quick and two very good goals.

The 2 subs both did ok but we're not on long enough to have an opinion.

All did OK, Jones did look knackered towards the end, the defence looked suspect at times , Forte looked the business, however faded towards the end,Wee willy and Elokobi came on and did what was asked of them but overall a good point in a game that could have gone either way.

A point a fair result i would say, we played quite well in parts of the game, thought the defence looked pretty shakey throughout, especially kusunga who had an awful 2nd half! Dayton was none existent throughout, topped off with pissing about and messing up a counter attack, he really needs to step it up to maintain a place in the 11!

All in all a decent day out and opener, making it 11 unbeaten in the league now, need to win some of our upcoming home games now, then the season start will be deemed a sucess!

A bit worried that the defence was so shakey second half, but hopefully some of that will be nailed-out this week in training. Perhaps a 3-5-2 will be looked at more.

I reckon we can get something out of next Saturday's game, I don't think Leyton Orient will be as strong this season as some people think.

The middle three didn't really gel. Kelly looked unfit, Jones was mediocre, Winchester was tidy but easily dispossessed.

Thought the other Jones at right back was poor. One game, I know, but feel Brown offers more going forward.

Kasunga had one of his worst games in a blue (or high-vis) shirt.

Forte was very bright down the left in the first half but went missing in the second.

Most of their attacks seemed to come down the right and through the middle.

Despite good build up play for our second, JCH was largely ineffective and needs to learn how to play as the lone striker of Johnson is insisting on playing 4-5-1.

Lucky to leave with a point in the end.

The middle three didn't really gel. Kelly looked unfit, Jones was mediocre, Winchester was tidy but easily dispossessed.

Thought the other Jones at right back was poor. One game, I know, but feel Brown offers more going forward.

Kasunga had one of his worst games in a blue (or high-vis) shirt.

Forte was very bright down the left in the first half but went missing in the second.

Most of their attacks seemed to come down the right and through the middle.

Despite good build up play for our second, JCH was largely ineffective and needs to learn how to play as the lone striker of Johnson is insisting on playing 4-5-1.

Lucky to leave with a point in the end.

Jesus you'd have thought we got hammered not earned a point.

According to that half the team was :censored:.

People saying Brian Wilson wasn't good going forward, a couple of crosses at the end when he was a wing-back weren't great but his cross for Forte's 2nd was very good.

I think if Brown gets a decent amount of playing time this season Wilson could be a great influence to him.

Forte scored two goals.

On his debut.

He was superb today. If the plan second half of last season was 'give it to Harkins', the plan this season should be 'give it to Forte'. Or maybe 'give it to Winchester, to give it to Forte'.

Thought Jones looked the busier of him and Kelly, I don't really remember seeing Kelly on the ball too much. Both wanted it all of the time and Jones was able to pull off a few neat turns in the build up. Winchester I thought played well, some of the passes too him where :censored:e and he was able to control them instantly and turn away from his man with ease on most occasions.

Dayton needs to get his act together, he has it, definitely. But some of his decision making at times can be shocking. I'd stick with him for now.

Kusunga - I'm sorry but needs dropping. Don't really like dropping players out of the starting 11 a game in to the season but with Dieng, the returning Lockwood and Elekobi on the bench you can't put in a performance like that second half yesterday.

Say what you want about Lockwood, but we missed his leadership at the back without a doubt. He was the one organising the Defence during that 10 game unbeaten run where we hardly conceded last year and at times yesterday the defence was a bit all over the place.

Forte - Outstanding first half. Their Right back had a torrid time with him. This lad looks the :censored:.

JCH - Does he need a strike partner? Will LJ Try 4-4-2 at home against Mboro/Orient and stick Forte up top? Many times yesterday JCH simply wasn't strong enough despite his size/presence and couldn't hold the ball up. I think he has tons of talent but at times he's so frustrating. Seems to have improved jumping/heading wise though.

B Wilson - good cross for the goal, other than that didn't do much. Especially second half seemed reluctant to get forward when one of the CM's where looking to play out wide.

Wilson looked solid, Mills had a decent game, gets forward a lot, looks like he could run all day. Subs were alright, Philly looked fairly Sharp and "big willy" was a menace.

Was a decent match, could have gone either way but I won't lie I thought Colchester had more than us late on to nick the win. Held on though, 11 unbeaten in the league, roll on tuesday

We didn't play particularly well, they started out the much brighter team with us not getting out of our half until they scored. We then came into getting forte down the left and finished on top but still let them create chances especially from set plays. Second half really all one way traffic they just kept creating chances and you could sense the goal was coming. Feel it was pretty harsh on Colchester for them to only get a point.

JCH very ineffective and I don't think he has the capability to play the line striker was easily marked out of the game by a tidy defence

If we started in a 4-1-4-1, who was playing in the defensive midfielder role? I think Dieng has been very unlucky to miss out here as he looked good in that role in pre-season.

Sky sports formation had it down as Winchester which amazes me if its right. Then dayton on the right jones and kelly centre. Forte on the left

I agree with Savage regarding Latics being lucky getting a point. I felt that we missed the defensive leadership and organisation of Lockwood.

Positives:

- Forte, Two excellent goals....what will we have when he is fully match fit?

- Jones, always looked to drive forward, good short and long game.

Neutral:

- Rachubka, a couple of good saves but poor kicking.

- Wilson/Kusunga/Wilson/Mills, headless chickens defensively. Their second goal was down to (J)Wilson and Kusunga passing between themselves when under pressure.

- Kelly, not fit but there were some signs.

- Winchester, made good space out of some awful passes but let himself continually get run off the ball...no end result....not sure.

Negatives:

- Dayton, occasionally made space for himself but put over poor crosses.

- Clarke-Harris, first touch good but then lost the ball with poor control. Excellent for our second but nowhere near enough.

If it was my decision and it's all about opinions...bring Brown in for Wilson, Big George for either Wilson or Kusunga, Dieng for Winchester and move Kelly and Jones up the field and Big Willie (or Philliskirk) for Dayton.