not upto it

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it produces a promotion challenge they'll be replaced and then some

can you honestly see with that formation at home we would get promoted. it will bring a lot of draws. yesterday we were found out after 45 minutes, if people do their homework it may not take that long

can you honestly see with that formation at home we would get promoted. it will bring a lot of draws. yesterday we were found out after 45 minutes, if people do their homework it may not take that long

If Lockwood had been fit and assuming Elokobi could adequately replace Grounds at left back (which he should) replicating what we had last season with the addition of Forte and a consistent Carl Winchester would have had us off to a flyer, surely?

Granted Kelly has been :censored: but Jones has looked alright. Wilson is a bit better than Brown at RB for me.

It wasn't pretty but it worked. Fortes pace would make it work even better.

On which subject, how good was Forte to watch (for those of us who actually like football) during that decent 20 minute spell?

As good as Winchester surrounded by 4 opposing players and still coming away with the ball.

I thought he was outstanding imagine having him on one side and Gary harkins on the other?

Why do we only ever have one entertaining player who's good at football?

I think we'd do a lot better with two. Or three.

I suppose Winchester has been number two so far.

Jones is capable if only the manager would loosen his shackles and play him in a more attacking role.

Personally I would like to see Winchester play wide mid in a 4-4-2 or as one of the midfield 3 and have a more forward minded player in that wide right position.

He played well yesterday after forte was our best player first half but i didn't see him get beyond the striker. He needs to be the guy who feeds the strikers I'd quite like to see him go into midfield and have either turner or philiskirk (or better still another signing) to play in that right of a front 3 role. It would also mean Clarke Harris is less isolated he looke frustrated up their on his own yesterday.

A bit like the first half yesterday.

Which worked, but it's no good for one half only.

To my thinking he should be high up the pitch prompting two strikers not one.

Edited by BP1960

Which worked, but it's no good for one half only.

To my thinking he should be high up the pitch prompting two strikers not one.

The first football matches I ever saw were Paisley's Liverpool side.

Dave Johnson and Dalglish up top. The latter slightly deeper. The wide midfielders weren't wingers but got forwards well, Case and Kennedy. In the middle MDermott tended to get forwards with Souness holding back. But if Souness got forwards McDermott held back.

Full backs were Phil Neal and Joey Jones. One joined every attack leaving three at the back with Emlyn Hughes and Phil Thompson.

4-4-2. Simple. Very effective. Entertaining. I think we have the personnel to do this at League One level. I wonder if the manager is confusing the simple minds of the playing staff.

4-4-2. Simple. Very effective. Entertaining. I think we have the personnel to do this at League One level. I wonder if the manager is confusing the simple minds of the playing staff.

I've wondered the same. Could very well be wrong, but what did Cloughy say.. "Simplicity is genius".

The first football matches I ever saw were Paisley's Liverpool side.

Dave Johnson and Dalglish up top. The latter slightly deeper. The wide midfielders weren't wingers but got forwards well, Case and Kennedy. In the middle MDermott tended to get forwards with Souness holding back. But if Souness got forwards McDermott held back.

Full backs were Phil Neal and Joey Jones. One joined every attack leaving three at the back with Emlyn Hughes and Phil Thompson.

Did big Joe ever play just one up front ?...he once said you can't have enough strikers.

Edited by BP1960

screw watching this :censored:e all season.I'm gonna watch the roughyeds, at least they have chance of moving divisions instead of this dross! Although this team have a good chance if going down! I'm out!

Im still here for now I have no intention of watching the Roughyheads, just out of interest what should people do after watching what we are all agreeing was a shocking half of football ?

you should probably check with account your logged in to before you posting :sign0173: