not upto it

Good? Good? It was a :censored:ing marvellous pass, true vision, perfectly weighted to destroy their defensive line.

Winchester is the creative midfielder we've spent the last five years waiting for. Give him the license to do more and he will.

Three year contract before the end of the month please!

Well, yeah; fair enough. Maybe I was under-egging it?

I thought his ball for the 1st goal vs Hudds in the pre-season game was even better though.

He's a real classy player. He always has been. He needed to work on his fitness & bulk up a bit to. He looks to have done that. He's got the chance for a really big season if he continues to get his starting spots; and if he does continue to play and play well, I agree - we need to be proactive with a contract offer...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how the group that were going to be positive and create a good atmosphere have turned in one game.

Songs about stewards, songs slagging off Johnson and players, booing the team off and now telling fans were to sit.

Congratulations on lasting all of 45 minutes

Well, it lasted more games than I said it would. They got to 2.5 competitive games!!

I try an stay positive about all things latics but that was awful today bar the first 20 mins

when we scored the atmosphere was really positive in the rre but by the end with the boos an groans were justified because that was :censored:

today was the first time I've seen the fans start to turn on the manger, he needs to be careful

No panic button being pressed, I've backed Orient to win the league, but I don't think it's unfair to describe that as a bit worrying today.

Really liked the look of Jones, and Forte was obviously excellent 1st half.

Good 1st half, good tempo and looked a threat, 2nd half, they blocked Forte off and that was that.

The talk from Johnson was that we had plenty of formations/plans sussed, little evidence of that today?

Said before that there's no way Clarke-Harris is a striker, can't continue with him playing there on his own.

People said we wouldn't miss Smith/Wesolowski?

I tell you what tho Jamie that was bad today from us mate

I believe so Jase. Weren't there (went Tuesday). Had a feeling we'd lose anyway, it'll take a few weeks for this team to start gelling anyway bud. The outrageous overreaction on here is bordering on satire, surely?

I think it's safe to say nobody wants us to be :censored:, or doesn't want our manager to do well.

However the buck stops with him. A lot of very reasonable posters on here have got legitimate concerns.

Is he learning from his mistakes? Is he getting the best out of certain indivduals? When IMO they are played out of position, criticised publicly, dropped to often, or asked to play the opposite of their natural game.

In his post match interview- he talks about adding 2 or 3 because 'heads should roll when you lose a couple. . ' Er what? How many players was it last season, 36? How about taking some responsibility an working with your squad?

I think he massively over complicates the game. If I hear one more time a 451 becomes 4141, but if we have the ball it's 433. Whatever it is, Still not seeing any runners on a consistent basis, Still not seeing us apply ourselves for 90 mins. If it's one or two, then fine look to the indivdual. But collectively we were so poor second half.

You hear him talking endlessly about players who can do job in a number of positions. There in laeague one for a reason. Generally there steady in there given position. An :censored: elsewhere.

Please, please, can we keep it simple. Go back to basics. Get players where there comfortable- an will effect the game!

Did he really talk about adding players?

Now he's the one overreacting and refusing to have a look at himself.

That performance today was mostly down to him and his awful tactics at home.

Kelly and Mills aside the majority of the players showed me enough to believe they'll do a good job for us, in particular Jones, Dieng, Winchester and Forte.

I love how the group that were going to be positive and create a good atmosphere have turned in one game.

Songs about stewards, songs slagging off Johnson and players, booing the team off and now telling fans were to sit.

Congratulations on lasting all of 45 minutes

blame it on the spam head steward with the glasses for killing the atmosphere,what a fuc*ing pr*ck,he needs one hell of a shoeing,he had a good few oldham fans ejected today,for fu*ks sake we have little support as it is,this jump up tw*t wants reporting before someone knocks him clean out!!! he killed the atmosphere clean dead in the 2nd half with his antics!THE BELLEND...

blame it on the spam head steward with the glasses for killing the atmosphere,what a fuc*ing pr*ck,he needs one hell of a shoeing,he had a good few oldham fans ejected today,for fu*ks sake we have little support as it is,this jump up tw*t wants reporting before someone knocks him clean out!!! he killed the atmosphere clean dead in the 2nd half with his antics!THE BELLEND...

Wow.

Just wow...

Seeing a different side to the Athleticos tonight . Thats two members now talking about knocking people out. Now I can see why the club have not been as accomadating as you had wanted.

Ha! Post of the season this.

NOW WHO'S KNEEJERK REACTIONING, EH??

A classic tactic when losing an argument, change the subject of the argument. The chief steward, or Chuck Norris as our kid calls him, is a prick. He walked half way up the stand today to make a lad sat near me take his feet off the seat in front of him, Tuesday night Boro fans were standing throughout but Chuck keeps well clear, he is a power crazed, officious, cowardly, hypocritical knob. However Chuck had nothing to do with the negative chants directed at the team and the manager, nor the stick directed at all of the stewards, most of whom are doing a necessary job for very little reward.

Seeing a different side to the Athleticos tonight . Thats two members now talking about knocking people out. Now I can see why the club have not been as accomadating as you had wanted.

Really, i've always thought they were the same scrotes who gather in that section with a nice new flag

So we play against the team who have the largest budget in the division and pay their main striker £12k a week and this place explodes.....get a grip people! And those who think it's clever to boo after the 1st home game don't :censored:ing bother coming Tuesday night you're not required

So we play against the team who have the largest budget in the division and pay their main striker £12k a week and this place explodes.....get a grip people! And those who think it's clever to boo after the 1st home game don't :censored:ing bother coming Tuesday night you're not required

It's the negative tactics, the inability to break teams down, the seeming lack of desire... The opposition is irrelevant.

That can't possibly be right, can it?

My word we were :censored: today, but nobody on the pitch looked anywhere near justifying that sort of wage...

Edited by JoeP

Absolute :censored:te....

I hate to be a grammar nazi but if you wish to emphasise a word you should repeat the vowels, not the consonants.

We were the better team first half. Rachubka had a good first half and despite the soft goals was still the better of the two keepers. Forte and Winchester were superb. Mike jones was impressive. Connor brown didn't take his chance. We move on.

12 grand a week where did you make that up then ? As for booin who are you to tell anyone what to do ? People pay their £22 they can boo who they want, so long as they are sat in a seat.

12 grand a week where did you make that up then ? As for booin who are you to tell anyone what to do ? People pay their £22 they can boo who they want, so long as they are sat in a seat.

But I thought the Athleticos were an organisation who stood for getting 100% behind the team with no negativity.

Or, did that change over the course of 90 minutes?

Booing after two league games, is pathetic, to be quite honest. Whilst i came away from today disappointed, we weren't all bad. I certainly came away feeling better than I did on Tuesday night.

Kelly, whilst he was disappointing in both games i've seen him, will improve as his fitness levels rise. There were a couple of times against Leyton Orient where he showed glimpses of what he looks like he can do, over the next few games he will hopefully start to come into his own and start to assert himself properly in the centre of our midfield.