not upto it

You can't win with the bone idle moaners on here who will find just about anything to whine about. You wanted atmosphere they've given it. Today's performance was :censored:e and what you're saying is that they're not allowed to have an opinion on how the team is playing ? Pathetic. Also Kusunga needs to come back !

Edited by KusungaIsGod

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference was Orient closed down quickly during the second half and most of the Latics players meekly succumbed.

Why the manager persists with a player in front of the back four at home to the detriment of an attacking midfielder or extra striker baffles me, it took Orient a while to suss it out, but once they realised there was no real threat from the tip tap sideways passing Latics central midfielders they knew they had nothing to beat.

LJ is just not learning from past mistakes, he must play 4-4-2 at home, with one holding midfielder who can pick a pass, one central midfielder who can run at defenders with the ball, two wingers who can cross a ball, and two strikers who know where the net is.

I thought Elokobi was very panicky on the ball in the centre, just as against Middlesbrough, apart from Forte and Winchester in the first half there was nothing positive to take from this performance.

Por Vale must be licking their lips at the prospect of coming here and taking the game to us as they know if all their players put in a shift we will mildly surrender.

Edited by BP1960

You can't win with the bone idle moaners on here who will find just about anything to whine about. You wanted atmosphere they've given it. Today's performance was :censored:e and what you're saying is that they're not allowed to have an opinion on how the team is playing ? Pathetic. Also Kusunga needs to come back !

They said they would be positive and get behind the team for 90 minutes. They didn't.

And Kusunga was :censored: at Colchester.

Yep, i no way was that ever 4-3-3 today.

It was clearly 4-1-4-1. Dieng sat infron of the back 4, then when he came off, Kelly did that role.

But it basically worked into a 4-2-3-1 as Kelly was side by side with Dieng for large parts, and Jones dropped deep to be along side Kelly when the subs were made.

Pretty negative really. It worked due to Forte being rapid and getting a good through-ball from Winchester. That possibly papers over the set-up?

I can't disagree.

The problem is that yet again LJ is unable to work things out and counter tactical changes by the opposition..

1st half we played well and could / should have gone in leading at HT but for one individual error that was punished.

2nd half Orient pushed an extra man into midfield / widened their midfield presence and stopped our defence feeding Forte , they also pushed up their back line to stop JCH having any impact. It worked and yet again because LJ has no plan B we are completely lost.

It is LJ who should be questioning his own ability to handle a managers job and not the ability of any of the players.

Afterall ,they are all his players , his tactics and when he sends out the team with Plan A it generally looks ok.

It's when he meets an opposition manager who can change things about that we can't compete.

So the only games we have a chance of winning this season is if the opposition manager is as inferior as our own !!!!!!!

They said they would be positive and get behind the team for 90 minutes. They didn't.

And Kusunga was :censored: at Colchester.

He was terrible at Colchester and he was often as poor when he played last season.. The sending off at MK was totally naive and stupid.

The problem is that yet again LJ is unable to work things out and counter tactical changes by the opposition..

1st half we played well and could / should have gone in leading at HT but for one individual error that was punished.

2nd half Orient pushed an extra man into midfield / widened their midfield presence and stopped our defence feeding Forte , they also pushed up their back line to stop JCH having any impact. It worked and yet again because LJ has no plan B we are completely lost.

It is LJ who should be questioning his own ability to handle a managers job and not the ability of any of the players.

Afterall ,they are all his players , his tactics and when he sends out the team with Plan A it generally looks ok.

It's when he meets an opposition manager who can change things about that we can't compete.

So the only games we have a chance of winning this season is if the opposition manager is as inferior as our own !!!!!!!

So that's no wins until we play Doncaster ? :wink:

Positives: Winchester looks a totally different player this season, Johnson needs to play him in the middle. Forte could be massive for us if we actually consistently get the ball to him.

Negatives: The pubeless posse giving the stewards grief for about 40 minutes went from tiresome to just :censored:ing tedious

Positives: Winchester looks a totally different player this season, Johnson needs to play him in the middle. Forte could be massive for us if we actually consistently get the ball to him.

Negatives: The pubeless posse giving the stewards grief for about 40 minutes went from tiresome to just :censored:ing tedious

Sit in the Main Stand top tier youd fit in up there no danger.

Sit in the Main Stand top tier youd fit in up there no danger.

I love how the group that were going to be positive and create a good atmosphere have turned in one game.

Songs about stewards, songs slagging off Johnson and players, booing the team off and now telling fans were to sit.

Congratulations on lasting all of 45 minutes

Seem to remember LJ talking about the many systems he had available this season, I'd love to know what Plan A is...

First game this season but not really tempted to go if thats LJ's best team & tactics - I look forward to him telling us about the many positives we can take from it after managing no shots on target in second half (& how many in midweek?) & virtually no decent crosses even. They weren't great but physical, organised & took their chances. I can't see it just 'clicking' one day, that midfield is really poor.

Did we pay a fee for Kelly?! Fit or not (&if not, shouldn't be carrying him while he gets these), that was garbage.

Was a game of 2 halfs today...in the first half jones Winchester and forte were the stars

I think having dieng in front of the back four is needless as too many times him and kelly were on top of each other...we massively need more up top as JCH isn't capable as a love soldier he doesn't have the intelligence simply put..

I feel Johnson will let Gros go after this month and get an experienced number 9 to either play alongside JCH or to relegate JCH to coming off the bench

I think Johnson has given JCH enough time now to prove if he can do it and it's not gona happen on his own that's for sure

Was men against boys in the second half and the whole attitude of the team seemed destined for defeat..we didn't look like we wanted it and their goals were weak...need to see more characters as Kelly doesn't strike me as a captain

I love how the group that were going to be positive and create a good atmosphere have turned in one game.

Songs about stewards, songs slagging off Johnson and players, booing the team off and now telling fans were to sit.

Congratulations on lasting all of 45 minutes

We also had a rendition of " you fat bastard"

Blame it on the Athleticos haha dear me you cant educate pork.

You are embarrassing yourself, time to stop digging.

The players are not being helped by Johnson. Lets start at the back. Elokobi is a left back playing centre half. Mills strength was always going forward, he can't do that in this formation. Midfield - Winchester was effective in the first half from the middle of the park he isn't a winger. Jones looked half decent, kelly is very defence minded and cant pass to his own team mates he has been coupled with Dieng who is a centre half being told to play as a second defensive midfielder at home FFS. Clarke-Harris being asked to play up front on his own in a team where there is no support from the central midfield as the central midfielders are holding defensive players doesn't and never will work. Forte gets away with being isolated due to his pace but his only option is to beat everyone in front of him as again there is no support from the full back or central midfielders. Johnson needs to shoulder alot of the blame. Play players in positions they are used to and tactics that actually suit the way the team has been set up.

Great post.

Winchester- our best ball player- right wing. .

Philliskirk has been asked to play 3 different positions in the last two games. People wonder why he's short on confidence/form.

JCH- still a raw kid- with lots to learn- is being exposed by LJ- asking him to lead the line on his own every week- people wonder why he's going missing in games. Feel for him.

Elokobi is primarily a left back- plays centre half.

Dieng is a centre half- plays as a deep lying midfielder.

The players look confused, an lack belief.

Very worrying.

Blame it on the Athleticos haha dear me you cant educate pork.

"I don't agree with that kind of abuse and its something I will bring up with the group, banter is great but personal insults serve no purpose to me, everything is still a work in progress but the signs are encouraging"

Who said this 4 days ago? Oh yes it was you.

Ah here we go, lets all get on our high horses and snort about a group of people committing the evil disgusting crime of supporting their Football team vocally because they had the indecency of reacting to being harshly treated after paying their hard earned cash to support their team. Granted some of the negative chanting was a little OTT and I for one didn't join in, but the behavior of the stewards today certainly didn't help the matter.

As for commenting on what should or shouldn't be sung because it doesn't meet your "mega cool" standards. What vocal support did you offer the team today? Because I for one I didn't hear a peep out of any other home section in the ground.

Today I questioned to myself why I actually bother with this Football club. Not based on what's happened on the pitch because it will get better, but being treated like I'm back at school for singing support for the Football team I happen to be a fan of. Those stewards today needlessly created a conflict and those of you scoffing on top of your high horse either need to get your facts straight, or pipe down. The club struggles to get decent crowds in and I have a horrible feeling we may have lost a few more on future home gates after today. Whether you think they're part of a "pubeless posse" or not we can't afford to keep losing this support.

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Ah here we go, lets all get on our high horses and snort about a group of people committing the evil disgusting crime of supporting their Football team vocally because they had the indecency of reacting to being harshly treated after paying their hard earned cash to support their team. Granted some of the negative chanting was a little OTT and I for one didn't join in, but the behavior of the stewards today certainly didn't help the matter.

As for commenting on what should or shouldn't be sung because it doesn't meet your "mega cool" standards. What vocal support did you offer the team today? I didn't hear a peep at any other home section in the ground.

Today I questioned to myself why I actually bother with this Football club. Not based on what's happened on the pitch because it will get better, but being treated like I'm back at school for singing support for the Football team I happen to be a fan off. Those stewards today needlessly created a conflict and those of you scoffing on top of your high horse either need to get your facts straight, or pipe down.

I personally have no problem with singing when we are good and booing when we are shut. It happens at every club across the league's.

However, these guys created this athleticos group and there is a 17 page thread below by them about how they are going to be positive , keep behind the lads, not get on there backs, not slag off individuals etc etc. All very positive stuff.

That lasted 45 mins before they did the exact opposite.

That's all, no high horse, I just found it amusing what 45 minutes at boudary park can do.

As for commenting on what should or shouldn't be sung because it doesn't meet your "mega cool" standards. What vocal support did you offer the team today? Because I for one I didn't hear a peep out of any other home section in the ground.

Today I questioned to myself why I actually bother with this Football club. Not based on what's happened on the pitch because it will get better, but being treated like I'm back at school for singing support for the Football team I happen to be a fan off. Those stewards today needlessly created a conflict and those of you scoffing on top of your high horse either need to get your facts straight, or pipe down.

Most people aren't blaming the ones like you Tom who sing their support and don't sing any negative stuff, or "banter" (a word I hate). Stewards do a difficult job and good ones are worth their weight in gold, because they get paid peanuts and save the club money in police fees. Bad ones who often use it as a way to throw their weight around aren't but if we didn't have enough stewards, we'd be in at best League 2 or worse. As these days no stewards = no game.

But the same applies to fans...

I think the reaction on here is to one particular member of the group and the comments they have posted. Their aims have been lauded on here by many people including myself, however today they directly contradicted those aims. I have seen nothing but fair comment about that.