FA Cup: Latics v Orient

its true we were not great today but I think orient had done their homework , they tried to close us down everywhere , got lots of people around jones and the no 18 followed philly . but both players never stopped looking for the ball . Kelly gave a few passes away but kept working and trying . we would have lost that game last season . coming after defeat at Bristol it was a great result .and I just cant get enough of super oldham

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think today showed that the Forte-Poleon partnership doesn't work. It inhibits Forte by making him the 'target man' when he's much better with the ball at his feet. And Poleon... he has moments of good stuff, but has no composure yet - such as the shot that went for a throw in!

Into the next round. One win from Anfield.

individuals had flashes of good play, but we never fully clicked as a team today. Even when we controlled pay in the first half we weren't creating many chances. Happy though, and you get the feeling we'll be more like it vs Crawley.

Agreed but as far as control went at any time it was only when we were within our own half as that was the way Orient had set up to play.

They changed things and pressed higher after half time. But we won & onwards and upwards!

I think today showed that the Forte-Poleon partnership doesn't work. It inhibits Forte by making him the 'target man' when he's much better with the ball at his feet. And Poleon... he has moments of good stuff, but has no composure yet - such as the shot that went for a throw in!

Into the next round. One win from Anfield.

I think I'd sooner have Metcalfe of Warrington up front rather than Poleon.

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the bloke sat next to me said he was speaking to Gordon at half time. Apparently a virus has been going around and many of the the squad had been told to stay away. Noted the lack of options on the bench given the strength in depth we have this year. I had to search on google to find out who 'Tuory' was (no disrespect), and Forte played with effects of the virus and with his knee playing up.

It wasn't a great performance but don't be too critical. A case of turning up, doing a job, great result and we move on. I expect LJ to eco these thoughts in his match summary, and now a week to recover for the next big test 'Crawley next Sat'

Technically 4 wins on the spin, drew with Barnsley and won the game on penalties record at home since losing to Orient is

Port Vale 1-1

Bradford 1-0

Fleetwood 1-0

Gillingham 0-0

Scunthorpe 3-2

Barnsley 2-2 (won on pens)

Walsall 2-1

Coventry 4-1

Bradford 2-1

Leyton Orient 1-0

Barnsley wasn't a real game so it doesn't count

Technically 4 wins on the spin, drew with Barnsley and won the game on penalties record at home since losing to Orient is

Port Vale 1-1

Bradford 1-0

Fleetwood 1-0

Gillingham 0-0

Scunthorpe 3-2

Barnsley 2-2 (won on pens)

Walsall 2-1

Coventry 4-1

Bradford 2-1

Leyton Orient 1-0

A wins a win, so does that mean its 6 wins on the bounce??

Wasn't a great match because Orient had done their homework and were really well set up to frustrate us- a sign that we are a good side.

Despite all that, we had a lot of players with know-how and skill to win a tight game- another sign that we are a good side.

I don't want to watch it again (excepts Chubs' save and the free-kick) but that doesn't mean we played badly.