FA Cup: Latics v Orient

I do, how was your day out at Burnley v Hull today then ? Did you enjoy the drum there then ?

I thought I could hear one at one point and asked the Burnley fan we were with "is that a drum?"

He looked at me in utter disgust. I thought he was going to hit me :lol:

They were banging the hoardings or something.

I don't even want to say this because I'm boring myself with it now but, the atmosphere ebbed & flowed with the game. As it should. It wasn't as loud and hostile as I expected though.

Hull's fans were terrible. They knocked out the odd Euro-dirge that would've made even you lot blush but were very quiet in the main.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but the bloke sat next to me said he was speaking to Gordon at half time. Apparently a virus has been going around and many of the the squad had been told to stay away. Noted the lack of options on the bench given the strength in depth we have this year. I had to search on google to find out who 'Tuory' was (no disrespect), and Forte played with effects of the virus and with his knee playing up.

It wasn't a great performance but don't be too critical. A case of turning up, doing a job, great result and we move on. I expect LJ to eco these thoughts in his match summary, and now a week to recover for the next big test 'Crawley next Sat'

Perhaps I was too harsh on Poleon then.

That was an incredible save, and Cox went straight to Chubs to shake his hand before the corner.

Their manager actually applauded Jones' free-kick too...

I was surprised LJ didn't crack both their heads together as they came off at half time. No wonder they lost, boosting our ego. Cox actually went out of his way as he was the corner taker.

The FA is really doing it's best to demean this competition. Not only do they insist on both semi-finals being played at Wembley, in order to repay the debt of building it. They have insisted on clubs playing with a ball that I for one can't see very well. I admit I have poor eye sight and at times in the 2nd half, I completely lost the ball. At one time I thought Rachubka had the ball when it was actually in touch on the half way line. Which brainless idiot designed this pink ball with large black areas on it?

The FA is really doing it's best to demean this competition. Not only do they insist on both semi-finals being played at Wembley, in order to repay the debt of building it. They have insisted on clubs playing with a ball that I for one can't see very well. I admit I have poor eye sight and at times in the 2nd half, I completely lost the ball. At one time I thought Rachubka had the ball when it was actually in touch on the half way line. Which brainless idiot designed this pink ball with large black areas on it?

I agree. It was ok (but worse than usual) when I was towards the back off the RRE. When I headed to the front in injury time I really didn't have a clue where it was.

I agree. It was ok (but worse than usual) when I was towards the back off the RRE. When I headed to the front in injury time I really didn't have a clue where it was.

The ball was by a different maker and lighter, fans have no say.

Mind you, Jones delicate free kick might not have reached with the other ball. :unsure:

Edited by BP1960

Got to agree .. Sat half way up the Chaddy and for the last 20 minutes if it was up the RRE all I could see was players legs swinging but had no idea where the ball was. I assumed it was due to distance and gathering darkness.

Got to agree .. Sat half way up the Chaddy and for the last 20 minutes if it was up the RRE all I could see was players legs swinging but had no idea where the ball was. I assumed it was due to distance and gathering darkness.

When it comes to the 3rd round they will probably change the ball to another manufacturer, lighter still with red and green spots,

During the LP commentary on Saturday Roy mentioned having problems keeping track of the ball when he was watching the Friday night game on TV. He wasn't the only one, add me to the list. That ball has been designed by an idiot.

Edited by laticsrblue