F5 Monday.......

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice that there's a selection of decent players to choose from instead of the "which ones are less :censored:e than the others"

Good point.

And the ones stepping in are doing better than expected too.

I have a nagging doubt about our defence though. Ad luxuriously Philly or Poleoan chipping in with a few more would do us the power of good.(I recongnise their games are more than goals though, hence luxuriously.)

Edited by singe

Would be harsh on any of the 4 midfelders to drop out for this lad, but - and this is based purely on speculation alone - i would imagine it'll be Winchester to make way; as I just feel from LJ and his subs and the odd snippet, that whilst he's been happy enough with Carl so far, if he had another option: i'm sure he'd take it.

Can see a continuation of the diamond shaping up like this:

Kelly

Daniel Johnson. Mike Jones

Philliskirk

Kevin Davies was quite critical of Philliskirk on Saturday, said he had a big reputation (?) and was disappointing as were all the forwards on the pitch.

Big reputation?!? What, cos he was on Chelsea's books for a bit?

If I was Corney I might be saying to LJ 'You got me to pay money for Turner and Poleon so go make it work with either/or'

Or Corney might say that not only are we turning a profit on the likes of JCH & Korey Smith, but we're also looking up around the top of the table instead if the bottom. This bloke clearly knows what he's doing.

Turner was always a project as he hadn't played any league football and unfortunately has also been injured for long periods...apparently he's fit now and will most likely go out on loan in the new year especially if we sign Wilkinson or a n other.

Poleon is another who is a long term prospect and again hasn't played much competitive football...a loan deal for him wouldn't be a bad idea either as we've still got Morgan-Smith to come in.

We have massive strength in depth this season and LJ with Corney's help has worked miracles on our modest budget. It seems to me like we're going to give it a real go this season and the opening of the new stand coinciding with Championship football is a real possibility.

This division is wide open and we have proved we are as good if not better than any of the teams we have played to date. We have nothing to fear from what we've seen so far and there's no reason why a playoff position in January can't become automatic promotion come May!

Think Corney knows that not every single player a manager brings in will work out - whether you are LJ or Alex Ferguson - so would not (if he can afford it) prevent more players coming in if the manager belives it is needed.

As for the ones mentioned, not seen Turner, but Poleon looks like he has potential - though I think his best performances have come when he has played more of a wide role (the role that he performed for Bury when he played against us a looked dangerous?). This may not sit well with our diamond midfield approach though.

Poleon needs to be here with us, getting to grips with what the management want from him, not shoved out on loan somewhere.

Indeed.

As per using flippin' Subbuteo Tables with JCH, Poleon needs to be in around LJ and his management team day in, day out, learing, developing and trying to improve on exactly the flaws LJ has pointed out he has.

I'd say the last thing he needs is a loan to someone else where a different voice and opinion on his game may well do more harm than good.

He needs to here with us, BUT - right now, he needs to not be starting games for us either.

Surely the SportsDirect money just went on the new stand. The recruits seem to be a mix of the unloved, injured & homesick rather than last years PFA teams.

Not playing for free tho are they? Look at the defence as an example- Mills, Elokobi, Wilson, Lockwood, Kusunga, Wilson, Brown. In recent times to name seven defenders you would need to include some £100 p/w youngsters, no way any of those seven are on that. Same goes for benchwarmers such as Poleon and Dayton.