JPT v Preston

Totally disagree in Winchester. The fitness thing is LJ shooting his mouth off for some reason like he did with Mellor. He's the easy option to sub everytime and there are many occasions this season it's made no sense and it's been said on here. He was poor tonight though along with 8 other outfield players. He should have been central and Dayton on the wing for me, silly from LJ.

Silly from LJ? How old are you? As far as 8 other outfield players being poor, LJ took off the 2 others who were as bad as Winchester and the only other option realistically was Poleon who went and scored within 2 minutes of the restart!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly from LJ? How old are you? As far as 8 other outfield players being poor, LJ took off the 2 others who were as bad as Winchester and the only other option realistically was Poleon who went and scored within 2 minutes of the restart!

I'm 34. I thought the word silly was a little less offensive than some words used on here, my apologies if it doesn't work for you!

I'm not disagreeing with the subs i am saying that most the team could have been pulled off due to overall quality! I do think that he would have been used better central with dayton wide though!

Edited by super_blue

I'm 34. I thought the word silly was a little less offensive than some words used on here, my apologies if it doesn't work for you!

I'm not disagreeing with the subs i am saying that most the team could have been pulled off due to overall quality!

Sorry YoungUn! Silly is better than other alternatives you are correct but LJ would never take off Jones, Philly, Mills, J Wilson or Kusunga so sorry it had to be Winch or Poleon. I expected him to change the tactics so we needed 2 wide players to pull in their wingbacks and you know what it forced them to change to a back 4-clever not silly at all! He knows his stuff!

Sorry YoungUn! Silly is better than other alternatives you are correct but LJ would never take off Jones, Philly, Mills, J Wilson or Kusunga so sorry it had to be Winch or Poleon. I expected him to change the tactics so we needed 2 wide players to pull in their wingbacks and you know what it forced them to change to a back 4-clever not silly at all! He knows his stuff!

I'm not saying the changes where silly they worked and that's all good. I am saying playing Winchester wide in the first half with Dayton was. Winchester is a better passer of the ball than Dayton and maybe could have dictated play better. He has also holds possession of the ball well and has shown that this season whilst Dayton looses it a lot from what I have seen. I would like to have seen that switch after 30mins maybe to see if it helped as the way we started was poor. It's a game all about opinions!

To be fair Philly or Jones could of been took off at halftime and neither could of complained, Winchester is the go-to for LJ when things arent going right he doesnt rate him or afford him the oppurtunities that others have had, thats how I see it anyway there must be some underlying issues there thats for sure.

I'm not saying the changes where silly they worked and that's all good. I am saying playing Winchester wide in the first half with Dayton was. Winchester is a better passer of the ball than Dayton and maybe could have dictated play better. He has also holds possession of the ball well and has shown that this season whilst Dayton looses it a lot from what I have seen. I would like to have seen that switch after 30mins maybe to see if it helped as the way we started was poor. It's a game all about opinions!

Can we both agree then that Dayton is crap? And that the manager knows more than both of us added together? Goodnight,

To be fair Philly or Jones could of been took off at halftime and neither could of complained, Winchester is the go-to for LJ when things arent going right he doesnt rate him or afford him the oppurtunities that others have had, thats how I see it anyway there must be some underlying issues there thats for sure.

Agree. He's an easy option for LJ.

Edited by super_blue

Carl Winchester isn't the be all and end all that some on here like to present him as.

I like him for his technical ability on the ball, aswell as his movement and chance creation in spells. However, my biggest issue is that we lose all shape when he plays. It's great to have a player that likes to drift around, but not when he's played on the right of a 3 man midfield. On too many occasions we've needed an opiton on that wing, only to find that Winchester is 30 yards in the opposite direction.

That's my view anyway. He's not integral to our team, he's proved that he's replacable with Johnson coming in. I'd sell at the right price in January, no doubt.

Not sure why LJ stuck Jones on the left and Dayton in the middle. Dayton isn't going to win the physical battles and has played his best games on left, whilst Jones has proved himself in more central role when playing with Kelly.

Can't believe people are ready offload three midfielders after a JPT loss though. The first half was poor, but I still think we've one of the better benches in a while.

''Winchester has plenty of skill and has improved no end but It would help if he occasionally lifted his head up. Decent player but lacks belief, fitness and application. If he plays every week we don't go up....simples.

If there is genuine interest in these two I would offload the pair of them and any money coming in could help secure Johnson beyond January.''

Totally disagree in Winchester. The fitness thing is LJ shooting his mouth off for some reason like he did with Mellor. He's the easy option to sub everytime and there are many occasions this season it's made no sense and it's been said on here. He was poor tonight though along with 8 other outfield players. He should have been central and Dayton on the wing for me, silly from LJ.

No money is coming on for Dayton and Winchester will be staying for a while I suspect.

there is definitely a fitness issue IMO, the lad looks like he's blowing out of his arse by 70th minute.

I really don't get this 'LJ doesn't rate Winchester' theory?

He oversaw offering him a fresh deal for this season; if he didn't rate him; why do that? He's played him for the majority of the season. Again, if he thought he wasn't up to it( why would he play him? There are options in the squad already that could be played in front of Winchester if LJ wanted; or - there was always the loan market or free transfer market to go and get another alternative?

He's been playing him, and using him - hardly the actions of a man who doesn't rate a player? Especially when managers 'live & die' by their selections too.

Winchester offers some real bonuses when he plays - that have been discussed on here plenty of times by those that rate him. He also unfortunately brings some negatives too; also pointed out by his detractors.

He's a decent player, one of the most natural actual footballers at the club IMO. But to that end, he's also not some sort of integeral superstar who is undropable or exempt from being substituted.

If LJ sees fit to keep playing him, but subbing him off; i'm fine with that. LJ sees him every day in training, and clearly knows what he's doing; so i'll leave it to him on that front.

Just confused where this theory has come from as to LJ not rating Winchester has come from, oh - and the one about LJ wanting to sell atte 1st opportunity in January too?

Echo thoughts on here already.

As poor a 45 minute performance as I have seen for a while in the 1st half, wholesale changes and a good talking to saw us back to normal. But normal also (sadly) means not holding on to leads and drawing games we should be winning. And penalties....well we scored all but 2 with all 11 players taking them (Forte's was world class) and the luck didn't go our way. A bit gutted, as I would like to see Latics actually win a Trophy again at some point and Wembley day out would be fun.

On the subject of Winnie....a good player who has been a big contributor to the season so far, but has been eclipsed by a better player (at the moment) in Johnson. Last night he did OK, but not enough to make you question Johnson coming back in. If in January we need him, I am confident he will deliver as he has earlier this year.

Re the ref. Strange, I thought on the whole he did OK without any particularly game changing decisions (didn't notice anything in the build up to the equaliser - but might have missed it) and for periods I thought we got the rub of the green a bit more that PNE with the 50/50s. From my experience, that last night was not even close to being a bad performance by the ref.

PNE look a good side, and can see them occupying one of the top 2 spots come May.

Not sure why LJ stuck Jones on the left and Dayton in the middle. Dayton isn't going to win the physical battles and has played his best games on left, whilst Jones has proved himself in more central role when playing with Kelly.

Can't believe people are ready offload three midfielders after a JPT loss though. The first half was poor, but I still think we've one of the better benches in a while.

Jones on the left was a poor decision, he's shown he's best when in the centre, why change something that works ?

I really don't get this 'LJ doesn't rate Winchester' theory?

He oversaw offering him a fresh deal for this season; if he didn't rate him; why do that? He's played him for the majority of the season. Again, if he thought he wasn't up to it( why would he play him? There are options in the squad already that could be played in front of Winchester if LJ wanted; or - there was always the loan market or free transfer market to go and get another alternative?

He's been playing him, and using him - hardly the actions of a man who doesn't rate a player? Especially when managers 'live & die' by their selections too.

Winchester offers some real bonuses when he plays - that have been discussed on here plenty of times by those that rate him. He also unfortunately brings some negatives too; also pointed out by his detractors.

He's a decent player, one of the most natural actual footballers at the club IMO. But to that end, he's also not some sort of integeral superstar who is undropable or exempt from being substituted.

If LJ sees fit to keep playing him, but subbing him off; i'm fine with that. LJ sees him every day in training, and clearly knows what he's doing; so i'll leave it to him on that front.

Just confused where this theory has come from as to LJ not rating Winchester has come from, oh - and the one about LJ wanting to sell atte 1st opportunity in January too?

Agreed, but don't stick him wide right (or Jones wide left for that matter) where they are isolated, you need these skilful players more involved in the game prompting and probing.

A game of two halves and because of the suspension of Jabo and the injury to George a team which did lack depth. First half only Jones and Philly were strong enough to compete in midfield and attack. I thought Philly was fouled in the run up to their goal but we were going to concede due to their domination of the midfield.

Tidser, Winchester, Dayton and Poleon would all have gone at half time but only three subs so Poleon stayed and looked much better playing wide which put him in the right position to finish a great move. Poleon is not an out and out striker.

Tidser, Winchester and Dayton have all shown glimpses of ability but collectively they were not good enough. I would swap all three for Jabo or Johnson come January.