I'm out until he leaves. No LaticsPlayer. No Chron. No interest at all. I'll be a picture of stoicism. I'm also out of the trust and playershare, until he leaves. Even out of the prediction league.

I might also find out more about the trust to do whatever little I can to bring about a change of leadership, until the leader of the trust is someone else.

I'm out except for 1 game, I've paid for my season ticket surely this gives me the right to go to BP and totally give the guy the works, ok I will get ejected but I will have got my point over. I'm out of playershare, I'm still in the prediction league any winnings to go to victims of rape.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies, I get what you mean now. I think?

As in, our names already sullied with all this; so might aswell sign him now as a result?

If i've got that right, then i disagree.

Think this is still salvagable from the club's PoV. After due consideration of their own fans views, the club can decide to not proceed. In the immediate aftermath; maybe have one of our home games dedicated to a rape charity or rape support group and do bucket collection and the like. Seek to make ammends.

Its not too late for the club to reverse and U-turn this decision...

:)

I guess what I really mean is why link the club with him if you are not certain you going through with it? The reaction around the country has been consistent each time a club has "tested the water" so why do the same?

I believe there are two options available to clubs......either sign him and make a clear statement as to why and what influenced your decision or steer well clear.......my point was simply that it is really stupid to create this furore (which the club MUST have known would happen) only to then back out......that to me is incompetence.

I have made my view clear as to where I stand but respect both views equally.

He's said a few times that he'll only sign players with the right attitude, personality ect. that will fit in with the squad.

Probably hasn't had a say in it.

If he hasn't and he's a man who sticks by what he says. I suspect he has no choice but to resign

I don't wish to cause offence here but he got his willy wet with a drunken slapper, he didn't drag her off down a dark alley with a knife to her throat whilst she pleaded for the ordeal to end. The latter is the sort of mental image that comes to mind when you mention rape, the first happens throughout the World day in and day out

I don't wish to cause offence here but you clearly have a Neanderthall and uneducated view of rape - being drunk isn't a crime - rape is and having sex with a nonsensical human being is rape!!

If he does well, he'll be off to a bigger club who won't get as much :censored: from the media/public/fans as we will for signing him first.

If he wins his appeal, we'll have got all the :censored: and he'll be off to a bigger club who won't be signing a rapist.

If he does badly, we'll have signed a rapist for no reason.

We're basically paying him to ruin our reputation. We can't win.

If he hasn't and he's a man who sticks by what he says. I suspect he has no choice but to resign

Said the same on text to my Latics supporting best mate: if LJ hasn't had a say / final say on this, I don't see how he can do anything other than resign?

And if he has been involved with this; well - Lee Johnson has gone lower down in my estimations than a snakes ballsack. Due dilligance my left arse cheek.

I don't wish to cause offence here but you clearly have a Neanderthall and uneducated view of rape - being drunk isn't a crime - rape is and having sex with a nonsensical human being is rape!!

Nonsensical? She told him to go down on her. She wasn't unconscious or the like.

How can anyone drink to a point that they cannot remember in 1 and a half hours? The expert in court stated her consumption wouldn't have resulted in memory loss.

I just don't buy it. It yells of someone not taking responsibility for their own actions. I've done things I've regretted when pissed but there is no point blaming someone else for the fact that I chose to pour too much down my neck and lower my inhibitions.

If it had been the latter I'd have been dead against it. The point I was making is that people are reacting to the tag of 'rapist' rather than on the facts of the case.

Nonsensical? She told him to go down on her. She wasn't unconscious or the like.

How can anyone drink to a point that they cannot remember in 1 and a half hours? The expert in court stated her consumption wouldn't have resulted in memory loss.

I just don't buy it. It yells of someone not taking responsibility for their own actions. I've done things I've regretted when pissed but there is no point blaming someone else for the fact that I chose to pour too much down my neck and lower my inhibitions.

If it had been the latter I'd have been dead against it. The point I was making is that people are reacting to the tag of 'rapist' rather than on the facts of the case.

Sorry?? I take it you were in court and heard all th the evidence?? If so I bow to your superior knowledge and verdict above a jury - if not I suggest you read an earlier post of mine - she "allegedly" said "go down on me" and. Evans did - did she know who she was consenting too??? Rape legislation is complicated but worth reading if she meant McDonald - Evans committed rape

If, and I don't know, he is subject to the same sort of curfew conditions that Madine was subject to. By my calculations he will miss at least 10 games and possibly a few more too. Especially if we have more postponed.

In which case what's the point anyway.

"The facts of the case," and the outcome of these facts was a conviction for rape after trial by jury. Fact

Sorry?? I take it you were in court and heard all th the evidence?? If so I bow to your superior knowledge and verdict above a jury - if not I suggest you read an earlier post of mine - she "allegedly" said "go down on me" and. Evans did - did she know who she was consenting too??? Rape legislation is complicated but worth reading if she meant McDonald - Evans committed rape

Of course not but I have read an awful lot of stuff on this over the years because a former work colleague was on the youth team with him at Manchester City.

People are capable of forming their own views and history tells us that a jury isn't infallible - Pistorius, O J Simpson etc...

Of course not but I have read an awful lot of stuff on this over the years because a former work colleague was on the youth team with him at Manchester City.

People are capable of forming their own views and history tells us that a jury isn't infallible - Pistorius, O J Simpson etc...

Exactly so hardly appt to call her "a drunken slapper" is it?? No one knows the full circumstances but I don't want a convicted rapist at my club anymore than I'd have a child molester and no one would be for giving them this "second chance"

There wasn't a Jury in the Pistorious trial was there?

Exactly so hardly appt to call her "a drunken slapper" is it?? No one knows the full circumstances but I don't want a convicted rapist at my club anymore than I'd have a child molester and no one would be for giving them this "second chance"

That's my opinion based on the timeline sand the events.

Graham Rix was done for underage sex, whilst not 'child molestation' he was able to work again in football and I don't recall this extent of faux-anger at that?