Either we have signed him and are trying to back out of it or we are still keen on signing and are waiting for further backing from PFA and potentially Mike Ashley? I think if Taylor said he would go to the press conference we would have probably announced his signing today.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long did the Sheffield United thing go on for before they bowed to public pressure and removed the invitation to train with them?

I cannot remember now, but it looks as though we will be at least 48 hours from the story breaking to an announcement being made.

In June 2010, Baird was banned from driving for six months, having accumulated 12 penalty points on her driving licence. In August 2009, she was caught on camera doing 98 mph on the M4 motorway at Miskin, South Wales, whilst travelling to see an injured friend near Swansea. Baird travelled to Wales to ask the court to vacate the conviction which had occurred in her absence. She then pleaded guilty. She said had not received her summons which magistrates allowed but they did not accept the ban would cause her exceptional hardship. Pontypridd magistrates then re-imposed the six-month ban. She was also fined £400

nice lady ?

:censored:ing penalty points? Are you serious? (You've sort of answered that question already).

How's about defending Orgreave miners and raising money for striking miners? You got anything like that on your CV?

Either we have signed him and are trying to back out of it or we are still keen on signing and are waiting for further backing from PFA and potentially Mike Ashley? I think if Taylor said he would go to the press conference we would have probably announced his signing today.

Bet you wont see Taylor for dust now.

Agreed. Mentioning the PFA in particular indicates that.

Scenario 1:

GT couldn't attend due to other committments, and very early on today it was reported that this would carry on into tomorrow. Perhaps the club are trying to negotiate with the PFA to get a representive to the club tomorrow morning to help field the press questions on the signing.

Scenario 2:

We are trying to breach a contract and need the PFA to help perform a mediation role.

Beyond those two I cannot see what else would take this long.

I hate speculation but what I read from that

We have signed him and now want out.

Due diligence!? Are you :censored:in kidding me!!!

I have always defended my club but this is ridiculous. I am disgusted at the way this has been handled. The club is a laughing stock.

He is signing or he isn't? Simple! Unless you have already signed him and changed your minds.

I said on another thread that I would still support the club if we signed him. I am quickly getting npissed off with the club treating the fans like total imbeciles.

Due Diligence is now offically Tescos at 5pm.

Agreed. Mentioning the PFA in particular indicates that.

Scenario 1:

GT couldn't attend due to other committments, and very early on today it was reported that this would carry on into tomorrow. Perhaps the club are trying to negotiate with the PFA to get a representive to the club tomorrow morning to help field the press questions on the signing.

Scenario 2:

We are trying to breach a contract and need the PFA to help perform a mediation role.

Beyond those two I cannot see what else would take this long.

America has not been up too long...?

There is something contractual going on in the background.

I reckon so, that sort of thing can take a while to iron out (particularly in this case). Other possibilities include something to do with Corney/Lawyers.

The statement not giving a statement, maybe a rouse for more time? Maybe with the fan pressure and media attention they've bottled it and thrown that out to buy a bit of time, well they try to hang on to some credibility.

All guess work. Doubt we'll find out tonight...

Does "stakeholders" include those OWTB Members who put money into the Club? If so the Club is trying to look after 'underdog' and others.

Me? I only put money in over the turnstyle, buying a programme and a drink if they are lucky....the only connection to the club I have is that I am on probation for 6 months as a co-opted member of trust oldham, initially to help out c.hill with any marketing stuff. Or raising any fans points at meetings, of which there has only been one.

Playershare, is a spin idea from trust oldham and has only one mission. That ever penny contributed is for the sole use of players and that funds can only be request by the manager of oldham athletic.

With regards to this current event, I have not been asked in either capacity on my opinion and what I type on here represents me, not unless I have stated otherwise

Is it worth locking the forum so only registered/logged in users can view posts?

Looking at the number of guests now they outnumber registered users 3 to 1

Good suggestion and I know ackey has responded....keep up the good work mods.

I imagine any contract being offered would have have more clauses than a Father Christmas convention - perhaps another reason for delay.

Personally, if he does end up signing, I think the long term ramifications will far outstrip any short term benefits. The club should steer clear.

Does "stakeholders" include those OWTB Members who put money into the Club? If so the Club is trying to look after 'underdog' and others.

Me? I only put money in over the turnstyle, buying a programme and a drink if they are lucky....the only connection to the club I have is that I am on probation for 6 months as a co-opted member of trust oldham, initially to help out c.hill with any marketing stuff. Or raising any fans points at meetings, of which there has only been one.

Playershare, is a spin idea from trust oldham and has only one mission. That ever penny contributed is for the sole use of players and that funds can only be request by the manager of oldham athletic.

With regards to this current event, I have not been asked in either capacity on my opinion and what I type on here represents me, not unless I have stated otherwise

By "put money into the Club", I meant through the turnstile and every other way of supporting Latics financially.