Thanks for forseeing my future - good on you

Its what the club is hoping though...

They must think its going to play out the same way the Lee Hughes situation did despite the variables being very different...

Time will tell how it plays out I suppose...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The saddest thing about this is people walking away. I know a fella been going for donkeys, that's it, even binned his fleetwood ticket. One mate who has 2 kids with season tickets, finished, his lads bloody love going to the match.

Latics will be very very lucky if all these people return.

Whether you wanted Evans or not to see fellow fans having to make such a decision is awful. The more I hear of this the more I think the board have got this totally totally wrong. Didn't need to be our fans having to make these decisions.

Absolutely spot on. Is it really worth seeing people who have loved and supported the club for decades having to forgo their support for one player? It's very sad indeed to see it.

These are fans that we may never get back, there are kids who may start supporting United or City, all for one player who most likely won't fire us to any success anyway. Is the club that desperate that they will alienate hundreds of loyal supporters for a sniff of on field success?

The dilemma about how or whether I can support the team in the same way I previously had really made me think about how much I took for granted being :censored: but comfortable just to attend BP on a Saturday afternoon without any qualms other than the team formation or the defending or trivialities of that nature.

Some people on this site need to get a grip. The media are blowing this thing totally out of proportion. We are not signing a serial rapist who's dragging women off the street and taking them up an alley (no pun intended), this is something that was a result of a drunken night gone wrong. There will be people reading this who, if they are being honest, could have put themselves in the same position Evans did and would themselves have been convicted under the current legislation. I'm not agreeing with what he did but he's paid the price for it. I personally would not have signed him purely for the :censored: it would bring with him but I'm starting to admire Corney for having the bottle to do it. Before some of you pass comments on the situation read up properly on the case and on the judge's comments and some of you will actually think you might have been in a similar situation with a woman and in trouble under today's laws.

He's not a serial rapist, but he's still a rapist no matter how you try and spin it. Funnily enough, I don't know a single person who's ever been convicted of rape, and it was a tiny bit more than a 'drunken night gone wrong'. :censored: him, I can't believe people are giving sympathy to a rapist. It's unbelievable

Its what the club is hoping though...

They must think its going to play out the same way the Lee Hughes situation did despite the variables being very different...

Time will tell how it plays out I suppose...

I can tell you how it plays out for me - not a single penny of mine will go into Oldham Athletic FC as long as that morally repuntent being for them

Leaving aside, for a moment, the rights and wrongs of whether Evan's should be allowed to play professionally, a couple of things really nag at me about this signing.

Firstly, I don't believe for a moment that this decision has been made in order to 'rehabilitate and reintroduce into society' a player who made a monumental :censored: up. I think it's more like short-sighted expediency on behalf of the club to sign a player who, under normal circumstances, would be above their pay grade. That rankles.

More than that though, this last few days have ruined any enjoyment I feel at the prospect of going to watch Latics. Saturday afternoons represented a certain form of escapism. A couple of hours where a person can forget any other hardships and enjoy (occasionally) an entertaining spectacle supporting the lads. Slightly simplistic perhaps but that's what it meant to me. Now, walking down Sheepfoot Lane, all I'll be doing is questioning my own morals and ethics, due to what those in power have decided, and dreading the poisonous atmosphere which is bound to follow this club now like stink on a :censored:e! That I find extremely irksome.

I genuinely fear the long term consequences that this deal will have to the image of this club. But, hey, if it brings us success, then that's all that matters according to some. Exactly how I feel, but you have saved me the effort of having to type such a long post. Right or wrong I think this will take a long long time to be forgotten. A stupid gamble that if for messi, you could maybe understand, but it isn't.

A desperate owner making desperate decisions

Once you start swearing it possibly shows that you are losing the argument. No i didnt pay to watch Tyson. I wouldnt pay to watch a concert by Tax fiddling Gary Barlow but that is more probably because I think he is a crap songwriter rather than his differences of opinion with HMRC. Does that affect my moral compass? No!

If a moral compass isnt personal then what on earth is it? If you are struggling to understand my decision to not attend matches that is your problem, just dont try to come out with some comparisons that in your mind are relevant just to avoid the reason behind my decision.It is a free country and I have made my decision, just as you are free to make your own decision. I will not judge you for it as that would be self-important/overbearing/arrogant, in other words, pompous!

You got all that from one question?

If you read my previous posts on the subjuct you will find I'm not arguing and have said everyone mm is entitled to their own opinion on the subject.

My post wasn't just directed at you because many will have paid to watch that convicted rapist fight but won't pay to watch another kick a ball. I'm just interested to see what many think the difference is overall.

As for the swearing, I'm not losing anything pal. I've happy with the decision I've made regarding my cvlub it was just in retaliation to you responding like a arsehole for no good reason..

Edited by palmer1

I do wonder if the circumstances about the case affect people's opinion. Does the factor he is a footballer and that his girlfriend and her family have stood by him make people feel more strongly against him?

Wonder not in my case, I don't like rapists regardless whether they have 5p or 5 million in their bank account.

I do wonder if the circumstances about the case affect people's opinion. Does the factor he is a footballer and that his girlfriend and her family have stood by him make people feel more strongly against him?

Wonder not in my case, I don't like rapists regardless whether they have 5p or 5 million in their bank account.

Did you pay and did you know he was up to no good?

No... It doesn't help but I hope you enjoyed it

Looking back it makes me feel bad....

Probably the same way if I paid to watch Evans play for my football club...

Edited by oafc0000

The harassment of sponsors by the left wing feminist army is disgusting . If you don't believe me check out there profiles on Twitter and their direct messages to key partner companies.

This whole debacle has been hijacked by social media keyboard warriors and it isn't their battle to play out.

It's my club and I will make my own moral judgement without pressurising others.

I was pretty much on the fence with this but I now hope mr Evans bags a hatful before end of season

I think if he was Joe Bloggs, people would have a more sceptical view of the whole incident. He made a very big mistake that night by turning up at the Premier Inn, but at the end of day it weren't even her word against his.

All these sponsors pulling out... Evans not even signed yet.

Imagine he back tracks tomorrow and signs for another team - I know some people are against him, but we need to wrap this deal up ASAP seeing as the damage is already done

Damage is already done. We may as well sign him now as it's gone too far already. I can't quite get my head around the fact that our great club, who have provided so many great memories for us all, can have a rapist up front for us. But I won't be turning my back.

Nandos can :censored: off, too...