No hard feelings

I would normally have said I'd prefer the break anyway but there is no game New Years day. Boxing Day and the Sunday after so two games in three days but otherwise it's business as usual.

Hope Rochdale lose but at least we should avoid fixture congestion to the cup.

The weather on the other hand...

If the daily express is to be believed we'll be under thirty feet of snow till April.

I would normally have said I'd prefer the break anyway but there is no game New Years day. Boxing Day and the Sunday after so two games in three days but otherwise it's business as usual.

Hope Rochdale lose but at least we should avoid fixture congestion to the cup.

The weather on the other hand...

If the daily express is to be believed we'll be under thirty feet of snow till April.

The Daily Express is only to be believed for providing the correct date, and only then when after checking your watch.

Dale will bring no more than 1,500

So crowd will be 6,000 tops

Like Lee Sinnott said that's more than Bristol City, especially as all of it goes to us and we don't have to give Bristol City 45% and the FA 10%. Although the crowd is more about the difference between playing Rochdale on a Saturday and playing them mid-week.

Furthermore, if we are playing Rochdale I wonder what the chances of us being on Sky are, as they've not got the FA cup, so Oldham v Rochdale could be the best English game they can show.

We lost out on 27k for not progressing on Saturday plus the chance of 67k for winning a third round game, the fact we may play Rochdale is neither here nor there, we could end up with a crowd of around 6000, of which 3500 would be paying customers a cup tie against Bristol isnt attractive but would still pull in around 5000 paying customers with the league game still to come.

The Daily Express is only to be believed for providing the correct date, and only then when after checking your watch.

Like Lee Sinnott said that's more than Bristol City, especially as all of it goes to us and we don't have to give Bristol City 45% and the FA 10%. Although the crowd is more about the difference between playing Rochdale on a Saturday and playing them mid-week.

Furthermore, if we are playing Rochdale I wonder what the chances of us being on Sky are, as they've not got the FA cup, so Oldham v Rochdale could be the best English game they can show.[/quote

If it was on sky think it been announced by now and a recent article elsewhere suggested more Fa cup ties being spread out across that weekend to accommodate Premier League games

There are no Premier League games as all the teams are in FAC3. And Sky don't show FAC ties (BT Sports and BBC). So more Spanish La Liga games (some Continental countries are in winter break) perhaps? Other than us vs Dale, they will be a handful of other L1 and L2 games (not yet confirmed).

Gary won't fall into that trap and will have his team wholly focused on beating us. Remember they are fighting against relegation.

No matter how hard a manager tries they will never quite succeed with this. It's only natural for a player to not be 100% committed, knowing that the next game is so big for themselves and the club. It's a good time for us to be playing them, but considering our cup exploits last week and the dent in confidence that will have been it's a decent time to be playing us too.

Slightly off topic but now could be a good time to play Yeovil as they'll most likely have one eye on their cup replay and what that could lead to.

Or they might wish to show plenty of fight against the Latics so they play in the replay and onwards.

Edited by BP1960