Oldham 1 Crewe 2

I wonder if Carl Winchester did enough to impress the manager today? Him and Kelly when he's back should be the first names on the teamsheet in midfield.

We should call it a day with Ibehre though, he started well but by and large he doesn't suit our style and refuses to enter the box.

When Kelly come back, he should resume his partnership with Jones in the middle......it was a key component in our successful run and cannot be replicated with Winchester no matter how hard he tries and irrespective of him having a half decent game today.

And what style do we play....we regularly play a big forward without a winger and in some games we hoof the ball to small forwards???

Edited by mikejh45

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonnes better than recent performances

Thought we were the better side

Cracking 2nd goal from their lad; but IMO was a foul on Mills and, couldnt see exactly, so either a FK on the edge or a penalty. That said, sorry, but Chubbs beaten by another shot from distance.

With a real clinical striker: a penalty box lurker, we may have got something from today.

Better than it has been, but disappointing to lose to 10 man Crewe at home when all is said

& done.

When Kelly come back, he should resume his partnership with Jones in the middle......it was a key component in our successful and cannot be replicated with Winchester no matter how hard he tries and irrespective active of him having a half decent game today.

And what style do we play....we regularly play a big forward without a winger and in some games we hoof the ball to small forwards???

Our best run involved Kelly, Jones and Winchester in midfield.

Winchester will clearly never convince some.

Did we look more organised and show more togetherness today?

From the outside these last 3 results would seem to point towards a problem in the dressing room. Do this bunch look like they would be able to stop the rot and turn things around or do we need to we to be looking at an overhaul of the squad?

I thought Jabo was a lot more direct today. He missed scoring a screamer in the top corner by inches and it was a very good save to keep out his low left foot drive. He played well. I don't think attacking crosses is his strength though.

We have yet to see him play alongside an out and out striker, that could make a big difference.

Played well and put a shift in. No criticism from me today. Laughable when I see people say we battered Rochdale when we didn't and were awful today (when we weren't).

It is good to see a lot of balanced views on the thread. the above message sums it all up- if we lose end of.. we are " rubbish clueless, gutless etc." I heard the whole game on LP and what i heard and stats backed the view that we had them on the back foot all game and suffered some unlucky decisions. But were also not able to take on our chances

But there sounded a lot of positives to take JW sounded like he had recovered form, ditto Elikobi, and Chubs back again sounded surer and generally gave the feeling of less scares at the back.

Let us take this result in isolation rather than part of a poor run and it sounded like a recovery was underway in all but the score and remember Crewe had just beaten Bristol City and no game in L1 is a forgone conclusion, 35 mins with 10 men and a tad of luck is not an eternity to hold on.

Stick with LJ and he will see us back on track. Come on you blues!

Not too much wong with todasyß performance for me.

Lacking confidence and tempo but by far the better team and if anybody dederved the points it was us.

You just had to look at the team to realise LJ 'got back to basics' on another day we win. Today was not our day.

Can't say if it was a definate pen without seeing it again and first thoughts on the 2nd was :censored:in hell Rahubka. Next thought was great finish and shiiit!

I guess some fans won't be coming back now! Bet that changed when we win again

I`ll always be back to watch the Latics but find it very hard to take any positives from losing at home to a bottom of the table side down to 10 men - or am I missing something?

As I have posted on another thread - this ain't a blip - we've actually lost 6 out of our last 10 games - think about that !

Million times better than MK last week, the break after Monday probably cant come soon enough for LJ, some serious issues need resolving from the coaching staff down just hope the problems we have can be fixed, will miss my first game in a long time on Monday but if they can play with the same intensity and desire they did today they may be able to pinch something, one final point what has gone on in James Wilsons head, he isnt a fraction of the player he was upto and including the Bristol game, is he having his head turned by other clubs or his agent ? I noticed he lost the captaincy today but his form is shocking.

First game this season (typical that I time it in the middle of this run!!). Could definitely see glimmers of the team that went so many unbeaten, particularly in the first half. I don't think we deserved to lose at all, could have been going in at Half Time 2 or 3 up with a bit more luck and a bit more clinical finishing. I think they threatened once the entire half resulting in a heroic goal line clearance.

Second half was a little slower but we were still on top - red was absolutely blatant, not sure about their pen as I was in the Chaddy. George's goal seemed to take an age to go in but was thoroughly deserved. Still raging about their goal - it looked an absolutely blatant pen for the tackle on Mills which left him in agony on the floor. Even if it wasn't, the game frankly should have been stopped for him to get treatment! That being said we did seem to stop playing and perhaps a little more concentration would have stopped them before they even got to our half.

Possible pen at the end as well - their lad almost pulled his bloody shirt off!

Decent performance, lack of cutting edge, frustrating afternoon - but hardly the end of the world. Another day we'd have won that 4 or 5 nil, especially if we'd gone in ahead at HT.

It appears some people are now determined to describe every game as half full rather than half empty .

A lose to 10 men of the team bottom of the table at Christmas , on the back of insipid defeats is pathetic ....well for a team with any expectations above a relegation dogfight.

It appears some people are now determined to describe every game as half full rather than half empty .

A lose to 10 men of the team bottom of the table at Christmas , on the back of insipid defeats is pathetic ....well for a team with any expectations above a relegation dogfight.

Lets throw the towel in now and not bother with the rest of season shall we? Or we can try and get behind them and give it a good go this season! Cos were all fed up of watching the same :censored: every year and listening to the same boring twats moan after every defeat. Thats why alot of people including me are trying to be positive. Were 3 points off the playoffs for :censored:s sake.

Sorry - have to agree with Stargazer on this one - blind optimism is plain silly and gets you nowhere in reality. A home loss today to Crewe was just as bad as the previous 3 consecutive defeats to Dons, Yeovil and Doncaster - it's 4 straight defeats now with 14 conceded and 1 scored - a cause for optimism ????