3rd Jan Oldham Boro v Atherton Colls Seel Park Mossley

3rd Jan Oldham Boro v Atherton Colls  

42 members have voted

1. 1. 3rd Jan Oldham Boro v Atherton Colls Seel Park, Mossley. Are you planning to attend?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

you'll probably struggle mate - last time I went to Mossley was a pre-season friendly against Latics (and some celebration for some lunchtime legend of theirs) - and don't think there was even that many on the terraces that night. Hope the weather is kind for it though - always happy to support a good "Oldham" cause

There isnt the slightest danger of me pitching up but wouldn't mind knowing a bit of the OB story

When the Rugby moved in they switched to Atherton Colls moved back to Mossley this season.

Changed there name from Town to Boro after there former president or chairman someone high up in the club was convicted over sex offences.

you'll probably struggle mate - last time I went to Mossley was a pre-season friendly against Latics (and some celebration for some lunchtime legend of theirs) - and don't think there was even that many on the terraces that night. Hope the weather is kind for it though - always happy to support a good "Oldham" cause

Oh I know, just aiming high and hoping to give a leg up to a couple of local sides. Their average attendance is low so every little helps. I wanted to get in before people started on about going to watch some team there is no affinity to. Edited by singe

I played with him as a Junior at Bolton...

Only small (as you'll know) which might hinder his progress, was watched by Leeds whilst at Glossop then had a bad injury and ended up at Stockport.

Certainly knows where the back of the net is..

Edited by DavidCollinge

I've seen this being promoted on a few social media websites, is there a particular reason it's being pushed, other than we don't have a game?

No specific reason dish, other than we have no game, and I had the idea of supporting an local team. BH it could have been Chadderton if they had been at home.

It just happened to be Oldham Boro. I have always looked out for their results as an exile, and they have had a tough time of it. Their gates are very low so it seemed a chance to help, and Mossley get the bar takings beneifit. 2 in 1,

Looking at this poll, there's not much point. Really thought Latics fans would fancy this but clearly not!

11-27% of those who've voted will tip off (so probably 5%!) - that's of 36 people. Dunno how many will read the official push (if they were to do it), but 5% of say, 1000, is a fair number.

Looking at this poll, there's not much point. Really thought Latics fans would fancy this but clearly not!

Can I ask why Latics fans would fancy this game I may go to a local game myself but looking at the fixtures there are more competitive games being played in the local area I dont understand the association with Oldham Boro ? Has there ever been any link between the two clubs ?