The new stand floodlights

I raised a fair H&S point and people moan about it, ironically you have put yourself in the moaners category you complain about.

And how do you know if they are temporary? if there's no reaction from fans my bet is they will leave them as they are its a cheap option.

The fact they are in the gaps where windows for the boxes will be is a bit of a clue that they are temporary.

Add to that the fact that we're getting updates on every aspect of the stand...I think they'd have posted on the website if the brand spanking new floodlights had been installed.

The regulations state the level of Lux needed for this season. It has increased from last season. If we go up this season we have until the 31st May 2016 to ensure that our floodlights reach the level required.

Essentially I don't think Corney, Whitehead et al had a choice. Whilst I know they were distracting I'd rather be distracted than lose points because our floodlights are up to it.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/appendix1.aspx

For confirmation the temporary floodlights in the new stand are exactly the same hight as the ones in the main stand.

I think the additional main stand lights are higher up. More importantly, there are only about 4 additional lights on the main stand rather than the 3 banks of multiple lights on the North Stand - just above head height!

B9gfEBOIMAAhLYD.jpg

Edited by Mark59

He was making a fair point, migraine is nothing to make fun of, indeed the Latics H&S officer will have to examine the risks of these low floodlights to the the head and eyes.

Remember organisations have been take to court in the past over H&S problems such a high decibel loudspeaker noise impairing hearing.

Pardon

If the problem is the shadow cast by the new stand those lights didn't really do much about it because they didn't produce a shadow on the players. They were aimed too high but didn't cause me a problem in row R but I wouldn't have wanted to be in the paddock. We will suffer them no doubt but I'm sure if the angle can be changed it will. Shots that bounce just before the keeper are difficult - ask Lorus.