Most disappointing signings ever

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the above, (especially Warren Feeney) plus Mike Bernard (permanently injured) Neil Tolson "one for the future" John Sleewhenowek (not sure on the spelling)

Jimmy Frizz also signed striker David Irving who seemed a decent player but was hardly ever picked

Edited by eddyblue

All the above, (especially Warren Feeney) plus Mike Bernard (permanently injured) Neil Tolson "one for the future" John Sleewhenowek (not sure on the spelling)

Jimmy Frizz also signed striker David Irving who seemed a decent player but was hardly ever picked

Met David Irving when he was here, told me he wasn't going to be a regular in the team and was considering playing in the USA.

Derrick Parker-never looked a player, then when he showed a little promise broke his hand at Derby County.

David Currie-we were at West Brom and some body shouted out at him 'Taxi for Currie' just about summed up his performances.

Mike Bernard looked a great signing-tore his thigh muscle and never recovered he played half a game and looked a different class in that short time.

Paul Moulden-what a striking record BEFORE Latics-didn't they announce the signing before kick off on a Saturday afternoon, most unusual.

Any Manchester City loanee.

Derrick Parker, much expected, big disappointment.

Brian Kilcline, visions of him still gives me nightmares

Ndiwa Lord Kangana, another recurring nightmare.

Jan Budz and Alan Blaney

I'll not sleep tonight.

Yes Derrick Parker one of those players you knew was crap after only five minutes. Yet a Barnsley fan I knew was devastated when he left them for us.

David Currie - looked a world beater for Barnsley. Apart from that goal against Notts County, crap for Latics. I'll never forgive him for bottling it against Peter Schmeichel

TBF he had a run of games around that Notts County match where he did quite well IIRC. Didn't he score away at Sheffield Weds in that 2-2 match when there was about 80,000 there? (It felt like that many!)

Paul Moulden was piss poor for us. Had a brilliant record for City and broke records for goalscoring at youth level. Should have been brilliant for us with Tricky Ricky and Neil Adams pinging crosses in but was just :censored:. And injury prone wasn;t he?

Michael Ricketts. I thought he'd eat this division alive. Turned out he'd been eating a lot of something else and was in "I can't be :censored:ed with this" mode.

Matty Appleby - When that :censored: brought us and was throwing the cash around almost every signing I thought would be Premiership class. He was :censored:, lightweight and looked about 45 years old.

Mark Bonner - LOADS of Championship pedigree. Just the hard boiled midifielder we needed to bully our way to the top of the division. Bully-:censored: more like.

Andy Goram Mk II - I don't know. I was expecting the lean, clean sheet-eating machine who was te best one-on-one stopper I've ever seen. We got an eating machine that let about three one-on-ones in on his debut and made the pitch tilt when he stepped on it. Tainted legend.

TBF he had a run of games around that Notts County match where he did quite well IIRC. Didn't he score away at Sheffield Weds in that 2-2 match when there was about 80,000 there? (It felt like that many!)

I

Scored two didn't he?

And Sheridan two for them? Two pens?

Edited by HarryBosch

Pawel Abbott - The Latics no.9 curse hit him

Dele Adebola - no.9 curse again

Reuben Reid - Another pie anyone?

Michel Vonk - The reason City have kept being nice since they got some cash themselves. Taken for £350k we were!? For just 5 games?

Michel Vonk - The reason City have kept being nice since they got some cash themselves. Taken for £350k we were!? For just 5 games?

Vonk is one of the best centre halves I've seen in a 'Tics shirt.

And Abbott, just no.

Vonk is one of the best centre halves I've seen in a 'Tics shirt.

And Abbott, just no.

I thought we had pulled off a coup with Abbott, but he never performed to the level I expected. He could have been so much more.

Vonk was a disappointment to me for Latics in his very few games, but at Sheff Utd he performed how I expected

I'm pretty sure Vonk was only here on loan. He seemed a solid centre half to me. Sheff United came in for him while we were still trying to scrape some money together to make a bid.

Scored two identical goals at Selhurst - still couldn't get us a win at the godforsaken place though.

Olney was underrated.