Potential Centre Backs

I saw him play a few times and he was generally OK except at Bradford where he was crap but so was everyone else! However, he's no Sean Gregan and looks at least a stone overweight and would cost the best part of £2k a week or even more.

I would try for a young premiership player on a season long loan which would be a lot cheaper and leave a bit for another versatile defender or two which I think we need.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a month of fecking Sundays. Not a faint chance of it.

The man owns in excess of 20 properties with a couple of others, a villa in spain and a fleet of cars, and in the one time ive met seemed quite grounded to be fair and is very generous too....

Least he has spent the money wisely.....

In a month of fecking Sundays. Not a faint chance of it.

And we are talking about a time when Wolves were in the Premiership, even Elekobi was reported to have been on 15k a week when playing in the Premiership, Kevin Doyle was on 40k a week and Roger Johnson was the captain in the Premiership.

And we are talking about a time when Wolves were in the Premiership, even Elekobi was reported to have been on 15k a week when playing in the Premiership, Kevin Doyle was on 40k a week and Roger Johnson was the captain in the Premiership.

Not forgetting Jamie O'Hara was on £30k a week!

So they paid a centre half from relegated Birmingham nearly as much as their absurdly overpaid star striker. Nah.

I don't understand why your struggling to accept a premiership footballer was on over 30k a week

Pascal Chimbonda was 80k a week at Chelsea and gladly didn't get bothered if he wasn't selected

I'll grant you my initial cause for doubt is that it was you saying it. Although that is fair cause. Further to that, most Premiership footballers aren't on that. We see the headlines about the exceptions. And his high watermark would have been years ago. And he's a standard Championship/lower Premiership defender.

And it's you saying it.

I don't understand why your struggling to accept a premiership footballer was on over 30k a week

Pascal Chimbonda was 80k a week at Chelsea and gladly didn't get bothered if he wasn't selected

I bet he wasn't bothered! 80k a week from Chelsea while playing :censored: for Spurs. I bet they paid him similar.60k a week for a :censored: full back. Nice work if you can get it

I may have missed this but has Dieng been kept or has he been released?

If we are going with Kelly's very strongly hinted at 3 at the back then I think we need to sign atleast 2 centre backs and a I reckon a right wing back. I was fairly so so about what I saw from Gerrard, but playing in a back 3 in between 2 quicker defenders where he can sit bark out the orders and head clear crosses and while not getting exposed for pace he will be an asset for us. Having lost both Lockwood and Elokobi we need someone who can lead in the back line especially with a young Goalkeeper behind them. Add in a couple of guys who are good enough at bringing the ball out of defence and start attacks while still being good enough to head the ball clear from corners we should be ok.

So we are going to play 3 at the back are we?

But only after we sign three at the back, get real, a managers chooses a system that suits the players that he has at his disposal.

[quote name="Postman Matt" post="786375" timestamp=

I take it you meant Tottenham? Don't ever seem to recall him playing for Chelsea

Edit: seems I wasn't the only one wiki to point out a mistake

Edited by retiredballboy