Brian Wilson Allowed To Leave

back when smoking in the ground wasn't an offence, I was asked what I thought of Tierney by a middle aged woman with a slight mancunian accent, :censored:ing :censored:e was my reply much to the disapproval of what turned out to be his mother

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back when smoking in the ground wasn't an offence, I was asked what I thought of Tierney by a middle aged woman with a slight mancunian accent, :censored:ing :censored:e was my reply much to the disapproval of what turned out to be his mother

Good shout!

Not like he went on to play in the premier league or anything is it.

We have bigger issues than Brian Wilson at our club right now, notably the clown that is in charge of the team...

This one up front pre season goes against all he has been saying, if it continues just like before goals will be scarce again. Anyone can see George Green on the left wing is an absolute waste. Croft is a good addition though. Don't know whats wrong Cassidy, its a concern we havent seen much of him.

Whats the odds it's Jones who will leave for a fee?

This one up front pre season goes against all he has been saying, if it continues just like before goals will be scarce again. Anyone can see George Green on the left wing is an absolute waste. Croft is a good addition though. Don't know whats wrong Cassidy, its a concern we havent seen much of him.

Whats the odds it's Jones who will leave for a fee?

I understand the fact we haven't quite looked like the attacking force Kelly promised during his first few interviews - however I hasten to add what managers wouldn't "promise" this? - the one up front isn't necessarily the problem.

Whilst wanting to avoid a ridiculous comment, a lot of top teams play one up front and manage to score goals..

We have bigger issues than Brian Wilson at our club right now, notably the clown that is in charge of the team...

Taking into account your comment about the 10%, has he not impressed at the fans forums/interviews you've seen?

Can't say I've seen him talk in person yet but he's been so vague in interviews I can't judge his knowledge.

I understand the fact we haven't quite looked like the attacking force Kelly promised during his first few interviews - however I hasten to add what managers wouldn't "promise" this? - the one up front isn't necessarily the problem.

Whilst wanting to avoid a ridiculous comment, a lot of top teams play one up front and manage to score goals..

One up front assisted by players in close support is ok, but not when isolated like Murphy was yesterday.

My concern with Kelly is that he stated and reiterated numerous times that he wants to play attacking, expansive and attractive football generating chance after chance and hopefully converting those chances. Playing on the wing, cross after cross into the box to maximise the chances and having the personnel to convert.

I said in another post that friendlies are never indicative of how we will play during a season and is purely for fitness but after all the above being repeated by Kelly in the past two months then you would have expected this attacking play to be more evident in the games played to date.

My concern with Kelly is that he stated and reiterated numerous times that he wants to play attacking, expansive and attractive football generating chance after chance and hopefully converting those chances. Playing on the wing, cross after cross into the box to maximise the chances and having the personnel to convert.

I said in another post that friendlies are never indicative of how we will play during a season and is purely for fitness but after all the above being repeated by Kelly in the past two months then you would have expected this attacking play to be more evident in the games played to date.

But we havent played any game yet????

Focus solely on the football aspects and we barely created anything yesterday, while players were clearly out of position and the backup we have for our first 11 is clearly not up to standard. For me only green of them subs was first team quality and he looked to do it all himself far too often

1st half on the face of it looked good but tippy tappy possession in your own half counts for nothing in the grand scheme of things, yesterday reminded me of the poor performances from last season, just waiting for a defensive error to settle the game, defending from set pieces is really poor, they had players queuing up at the corner to head the ball home whilst our players literally just looked at each other, theres lots to work on in the two weeks till the season starts.

Focus solely on the football aspects and we barely created anything yesterday, while players were clearly out of position and the backup we have for our first 11 is clearly not up to standard. For me only green of them subs was first team quality and he looked to do it all himself far too often

I don't think so at all.

Pick out a midfield and you have to leave out at least two or three possible starters. Say it's a midfield 4 of Jones, Kelly, Croft and Forte, you have to leave out Winchester, Phillskirk, Poleon, Dieng, Green, even Mills.

We have competition in net, right-back, Truelove looked like capable left-back cover for Mills and up front we've got a host of strikers. None may be brilliant but there will be competition for places.

Only at centre back we are short, and defensive midfield we may be due a loanee.

It's the quality of our strikers and right-back I'm most worried about.