The luck of the Irish

First few minutes we could have been dead and buried.Poor shots let them down but lady luck shone on us today for a change so I will take such a win any time.Croft should have done better that blaze it over.

I am struggling to understand what his style of play is .

Great start with 4 pts from 2 games but it's typical that last year we started off poorly in terms of results but played really well as a team.

In the first few games you could see the style LJ wanted to play and it was great to watch , we were half a decent striker short of being top after 6 games.

Kelly has been lucky so far in that we have got away with 4 pts that last season we wouldn't have got playing like we did.I hope it continues and that he finally

manages to get the settled team he wants and the style of play , however i am a little worried at this early stage that he is a bit of a tinker man and even more worried that i can't see what the style of play he is aiming for.

The problem will be if we continue to play like we did on Saturday for a few more games but lose , the pressure will be on then and one of the main reason that people didn't turn on LJ when things went wrong is because we could see what he was trying to do !!!

Playing like we have done is doing Kelly no favours even in winning because the hang men will be out as soon as we lose.

Hopefully we can kick on from here and start playing well and winning , for all our sakes.

I thought after Walsall and Boro the style was pretty obvious. Attacking full-backs, centre mids alternating attacks, aggressively defending centre backs and players who will cross the ball to the big man's head to knock down or hold up.

Then we played Fleetwood.

I'm taking it as an off day from some of our better players. Jones doesn't play poorly often, and it's hard to name somebody who played well. I'm also taking the team selection as a case of trying to give everybody minutes, and we'll be back to full strength - with exception of Cassidy - next week.

Edited by NewBlue

I thought after Walsall and Boro the style was pretty obvious. Attacking full-backs, centre mids alternating attacks, aggressively defending centre backs and players who will cross the ball to the big man's head to knock down or hold up.

Then we played Fleetwood.

I'm taking it as an off day from some of our better players. Jones doesn't play poorly often, and it's hard to name somebody who played well. I'm also taking the team selection as a case of trying to give everybody minutes, and we'll be back to full strength - with exception of Cassidy - next week.

We looked better in the two games with a below par Winchester in.

We won without WInchester in,

I expect him to be back in at Colchester as keeping hold of the ball will be more important away from home.

We looked better in the two games with a below par Winchester in.

We won without WInchester in,

I expect him to be back in at Colchester as keeping hold of the ball will be more important away from home.

I'm not sure Winchester was that poor against Walsall anyway. After 15 minutes we'd won the midfield battle, with him in the centre. He never did anything spectacular for his own standards but he wasn't bad. Perhaps we weren't that attentive as he displayed the more gritty side of his game, which I do think is understated at times.

And anyone judging a player on the basis of a match against Boro is unreasonable.

Mike Jones had one of his weakest games in an Oldham shirt on Saturday. Maybe he plays best with Winchester in the team...

Only reason I'd have taken him out of the team would've been to accommodate Dunn. Think it was harsh to remove him in place of lesser players against Fleetwood.

I'm not sure Winchester was that poor against Walsall anyway. After 15 minutes we'd won the midfield battle, with him in the centre. He never did anything spectacular for his own standards but he wasn't bad. Perhaps we weren't that attentive as he displayed the more gritty side of his game, which I do think is understated at times.

And anyone judging a player on the basis of a match against Boro is unreasonable.

Mike Jones had one of his weakest games in an Oldham shirt on Saturday. Maybe he plays best with Winchester in the team...

Only reason I'd have taken him out of the team would've been to accommodate Dunn. Think it was harsh to remove him in place of lesser players against Fleetwood.

What a load of rubbish, in other words;

1) he grafts but we dont notice it

2) he played against a very good team

3) a n other had a mare when he didnt play alongside him

4) worse players played instead of him.

I am sorry, I dont really rate Winny apart from being a tidy squad player but I could give 4 better reasons than those as to why he wasnt selected.

Saying that I hope he scores the winner tomorrow but come on, come up with some logical reasons to select him please instead of that absolute garbage

What a load of rubbish, in other words;

1) he grafts but we dont notice it

2) he played against a very good team

3) a n other had a mare when he didnt play alongside him

4) worse players played instead of him.

I am sorry, I dont really rate Winny apart from being a tidy squad player but I could give 4 better reasons than those as to why he wasnt selected.

Saying that I hope he scores the winner tomorrow but come on, come up with some logical reasons to select him please instead of that absolute garbage

1) He is more willing to get stuck in than he is given credit for. He's played a lot at right back so far in his career, and you aren't put in defence if you're not willing to tackle.

2) Aren't Boro a very good team? Favourites for the Championship.

3) That's just a hypothesis. Whichever way you put it though, we were overrun in midfield on Saturday and he wasn't playing, and he was playing when we controlled midfield at Walsall.

4) I prefer him as a footballer to Philliskirk, Poleon and Croft.

They aren't reasons to pick him, they are negative points as to why I think he shouldn't be left out. There are many positive aspects to his game that you can justify his selection with though.