Shrewsbury on Saturday

It's a winnable but tricky game.

DK hasn't yet kept the same XI in consecutive games so it'll be interesting to see what changes he makes on Saturday. My guess is that Forte won't start two games in a week so it could be:

Coleman

Brown

Burn

Wilson

Mills

Croft

Kelly

Jones

Poleon

Philliskirk

Turner

I'd probably pick Winchester to play on the left instead of Poleon but I can see Kelly going for pace on that side. Hope that Murphy gets time from the bench too.

Shrewsbury have some talented individuals, none more so than Ryan Woods, and are well organised but losing Connor Goldson could be a big blow for them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a winnable but tricky game.

DK hasn't yet kept the same XI in consecutive games so it'll be interesting to see what changes he makes on Saturday. My guess is that Forte won't start two games in a week so it could be:

Coleman

Brown

Burn

Wilson

Mills

Croft

Kelly

Jones

Poleon

Philliskirk

Turner

I'd probably pick Winchester to play on the left instead of Poleon but I can see Kelly going for pace on that side. Hope that Murphy gets time from the bench too.

Shrewsbury have some talented individuals, none more so than Ryan Woods, and are well organised but losing Connor Goldson could be a big blow for them.

Is that the same team that started against Fleetwood? Hopefully we get a better end product from Poleon if he starts.

We are not creating enough chances. I would start Dunn even if he has to come off at half time. Bring on green again for a bit longer than the other day but we need some creativity from somewhere

On the one hand you're right but we've had a solid start to the season and I can see the merit in keeping it the same while confidence builds & they gel further....

I know injuries sometimes dictate but I'd like to see a settled first 11 soon and less tinkering with formations and players.

A home game against a team who may come and defend and make it difficult for us id play green.

Coleman

Brown

Wilson

Burn

Mills

Dieng (kelly if fit)

Jones

Winchester

Green

Forte

Philliskirk

Just watched the extended highlights of the Shrewsbury v Chesterfield game, the Shrewsbury centre back number 5 Grandison looked cumbersome and the right back number 2 Tootle was often exposed.

Could be plenty of goals if we pressure these weak links.

Edited by BP1960

We are not creating enough chances. I would start Dunn even if he has to come off at half time. Bring on green again for a bit longer than the other day but we need some creativity from somewhere

I'd play Dunn and Green the other way around, Dunn might prosper more when the opposition have tired legs.

Bit o/t buy I was at the Donny Southend game last night and I honestly can't explain how bad it was. I know a few people are a bit worried about us for various reasons but let me tell you now there is some diabolically :censored: football being played in this division. Donny were so bad it was genuinely laugh out loud at times.

Made me confident we can do something this season continuing with 3 points against the Shrews.

Woof.

Shrewsbury are going down, so we have to be winning these matches at home. They were often the ones we lost last season.

Like I've been vocal on already, I'd drop Croft and his 'industry' for a bit more class, in Winchester, to enable us to open up their defence, something we struggled to do often last season at home against the poorer sides. I'm aware Kelly won't do that though.

Don't think I'd play Turner either. Would prefer Philliskirk up front for now, we have the midfielders to run off his intelligent play and I think he could replicate the target man element we lost with Cassidy, if the ball is played into his feet.

Coleman

Brown Burn Wilson Mills

Winchester Jones Kelly Forte

Green

Philly

Dunn in the hole if he's fit yet

Edited by NewBlue

Shrewsbury are going down, so we have to be winning these matches at home. They were often the ones we lost last season.

We're probably favourites to win but this is a much changed Shrewsbury team from the last time they were in league one and they were the best league two team last year that I saw. I'm expecting a draw.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Just watched the extended highlights of the Shrewsbury v Chesterfield game, the Shrewsbury centre back number 5 Grandison looked cumbersome and the right back number 2 Tootle was often exposed.

Could be plenty of goals if we pressure these weak links.

They have Mat Sadler, who any decent winger in this league would fancy their chances against.

And they've just lost their best centre half.

We're probably favourites to win but this is a much changed Shrewsbury team from the last time they were in league one and they were the best league two team last year that I saw. I'm expecting a draw.

They went up because they had a tight defence, and conceded the fewest in their league by quite a distance. Obviously Goldson was the main man, and he's gone. Their defence isn't going to cope well in this league.

Unless Barnett can score goals for them I can't see them doing much better than 21st

Anything less than a win would be a poor result for us.

Edited by NewBlue