Oldham 1 Shrewsbury 1 FT

What sort of a trick question is that?

If the boring, non entertaining football continues, so will the gradual drifting away crowd continue.

Do you want no one left that bothers to go and no club? before you say it......similar :censored:e question

My point is, there's a reason he hasn't gone all out attack and. We haven't been beaten so all those wanting him sacked need to have a word with themselves. Think that even if we hired Mourinho some people would have been moaning for the sake of it and wanting him out

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is, there's a reason he hasn't gone all out attack and. We haven't been beaten so all those wanting him sacked need to have a word with themselves. Think that even if we hired Mourinho some people would have been moaning for the sake of it and wanting him out

I've not asked for him to be sacked but that doesn't stop me knowing the Fayre on offer is boring. Yes we are unbeaten, just how that's the case is near on criminal given Fleetwoods poor finishing and Col U hitting the woodwork twice.

Forte up top alone at home is not going to work in terms of exciting winning football.

We also got battered 4-0 by Yeovil (and we were lucky it wasn't 8) in the worst professional football performance I have ever seen.

It wasn't great yesterday, but the reaction is way over the top. The players are playing for the manager and each other. 4 games in, that is all.

I don't think the issue here isn't commitment from either player or manager. It's the poor system and inability to string together a fluid five minutes; which in turn is allowing the opposition to create far too many chances, particularly at home.

On the flip side, those who are calling for Kelly to go are idiots. You can criticise peformances - especially so early on in a new season - without equating that with the sacking of a manager.

Personally I'm backing Kelly to work on his systems and get results that we deserve (you can make a case for us to be on 1 point, drawing the opener and losing the three since). If you are not you are demonstrating a position found in pre-season and being heavily influenced by tittle tattle.

(I heard the phrase tittle tattle for the first time in ages and have been dying to use it since).

The formation worked until Shreswbury made changes, Kelly did nothing to change his formation and so Shrewsbury got on top of us.

The manager then took a hard working midfielder off, when Forte was crying to come off, he even walked towards the touch line thinking it was him. The team needed more energy earlier than that and he left a knackered Forte on.

Naive changes, I am sure he will learn, but if he doesn't trust his plethora of striking options in Poleon, Murphy and Turner to replace Forte as a striker then he needs to let them go and get new players in quickly.

As OASIS yesterday was the first live game for a long time. My observations are these - playing Forte as a lone striker is not his forte - not strong enough to keep the ball or win it in the air. Unfortunate that left side couldn't cross left footed so always turned back. Switched off from front to back for the goal conceded which would be embarrassing for an under 12 team, Until the goal it never looked like Shrewsbury would score and after it looked like only they would win. The substitutes were asked to do the same things as the players replaced - so changed nothing from a tactic that clearly wasn't working - good managers make game changing substitutions. On top for a good part of the game, but fell away badly in the last half hour. It's going to be a long old season without a consistent attacking threat - midfield never got beyond the striker.

Absolutely loads of people. There are also some who dont want the :censored: but are trying to block the :censored: out and back the squad.

For a more realistic opinion I think you should canvass opinion at the next away game.

I always value the opinion of someone who can articulately put over their point in a clever, insightful manner. Good work, pleasure to read.

your right c/m ginger looked decent, often dropping aback to find the ball,a bit tippy tappy, and failing to find the killer ball, but yes a lot more adventurous.

Some big clubs after him, don't think he will be there too long.

Did anyone notice ex Droylsden player Shaun Whalley come on as sub?, looked quite lively.

My mate at left back 'did a job' not a very good one. I pray Mills injury is only slight.

I've no idea how Brown played yesterday but I do know that Mills was poor against Fleetwood and worse against Colchester. Colchester targeted him which suggests to me that they watched the Fleetwood game

Mills was poor by Mills standards though. Mills has set a high standard for himself which in honesty he is struggling to live up to at times.

That's a different standard to Brown altogether though...

I'd hope that Mills has been carrying the injury because he was poor v Fleetwood and Colchester by anyone's standards

I had a very rare foray into the paddock yesterday with my son and nephew.

I had to move about 30 minutes in because of a bloke behind us.

Southern accent, very annoying southern accent (but clearly a Latics fan) - went on & on & on & on and on, loudly commenting, loudly, on every single action.... He seemed to effortlessly switch between utter bollocks and stating the bleeding obvious, loudly.

I'd only had one pint pre match so was, therefore, feeling a touch raw anyway but he was utterly driving me to distraction. I don't think I've ever moved before because of similar.

There was a lot of room around him, which was why we sat there. The amount of room quickly made sense.

If you post on here - you're a :censored:.

I had a very rare foray into the paddock yesterday with my son and nephew.

I had to move about 30 minutes in because of a bloke behind us.

Southern accent, very annoying southern accent (but clearly a Latics fan) - went on & on & on & on and on, loudly commenting, loudly, on every single action.... He seemed to effortlessly switch between utter bollocks and stating the bleeding obvious, loudly.

I'd only had one pint pre match so was, therefore, feeling a touch raw anyway but he was utterly driving me to distraction. I don't think I've ever moved before because of similar.

There was a lot of room around him, which was why we sat there. The amount of room quickly made sense.

If you post on here - you're a :censored:.

Did he drown out "get it forward" man though? Paddock is my seat and I it is full of tools!!

I've just watched DK's post match interview on LaticsPlayer.

One of the most honest I've ever seen from an Oldham manager.

He didn't seem to care how good or bad we played just that we should be winning our home games.

He thought it felt like a defeat.

Surprised so few have commented on this.

I'm re-enthused for Bury now.

I've just watched DK's post match interview on LaticsPlayer.

One of the most honest I've ever seen from an Oldham manager.

He didn't seem to care how good or bad we played just that we should be winning our home games.

He thought it felt like a defeat.

Surprised so few have commented on this.

I'm re-enthused for Bury now.

You can't expect people on here to pick up on the good things...