kelly 6 games in

should kelly go  

187 members have voted

1. 1. do you think kelly should be relieved of his duties

• yes immediately
    • give him another 4 games
    • give him until christmas
    • no he is the man to take us forward

Dowie and a new stand would have bought a feel good factor back to the club.

We got Sunderlands under nines manager and the wool pulled over our eyes selling season tickets for a stand knowing full well it had no chance of being open.

Classic Latics

Edited by NIKI1234

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a :censored:ing shambles. 1 up front again. Hasn't worked all season. 1 up front gets sent off and he has 0 up front. Shape all over the place. Jones asking where the :censored: he's supposed to be playing. Doesn't go 2 up front until 75 mins and 2 down and brings on last year's POTS with 5 mins to go. Utter rubbish...

Dowie and a new stand would have bought a feel good factor back to the club.

We got Sunderlands under nines manager and the wool pulled over the fans eyes selling season tickets for a stand knowing full well it had no chance of being open.

Classic Latics

If Dowie wanted the job he would have had it instead he choose to have a far less stressful far better paid job talking to Jeff Stelling every Saturday, because he's sane.

That was a :censored:ing shambles. 1 up front again. Hasn't worked all season. 1 up front gets sent off and he has 0 up front. Shape all over the place. Jones asking where the :censored: he's supposed to be playing. Doesn't go 2 up front until 75 mins and 2 down and brings on last year's POTS with 5 mins to go. Utter rubbish...

As soon as Forte went off, it should have been Dieng off, Turner on. We ended up playing the last 10-15 mins of the first half with nobody up there. An absolute disgrace...

I don't want Dunn either...

Dunn showed a lot of passion today, the shake of his head when passing the management team after being subbed suggested he was as bemused as the fans by the current team shape and tactics.

Edited by BP1960

We had a strong nucleus of players from last season, the new stand nearing completion and a massive opportunity to recruit someone to use that base as a springboard to keep the good vibe going on the pitch and into the season.

We hired an untried and inexperienced coach with no record of coaching elsewhere - apart from a couple of weeks at Sunderland - or any record as a player in this league, the one above or even the one below. A coach with badges and someone who had coached abroad but was he employed at those clubs or just compiling work experience; the latter I understand.

Croft wasn't Kelly's signing - Croft came because he played here before, knew the board and offers were limited. Green came here because of Big Joe. Cassidy was signed more because we blew a sizeable chunk of our budget on him. Do you honestly think Dunn was Kelly's signing? Dunn is a clear threat to Kelly; started his coaching, is well known, a great playing career and local.

The quicker we accept that Kelly was a mistake and appoint a coach who actually provides attacking, attractive and expansive football the better. Redfearn would be ideal and a boost on and off the field. I'd even hire Tricky Ricky or Eyresy instead of Kelly - at least we know what we'd get and know what they brought on the pitch...same with Shez.

People might say never go back or rely on sentiment but bringing in an ex-OAFC player as manager is ideal to address this situation - someone who actually cares about our club, would most likely work within our salary and playing budget plus win the fans over.....we need it because the stand that was to provide a catalyst to this season is dragging on.

I expected Kelly to be gone by Christmas; I think it will be sooner and I'll be happier when it happens!

I agree with that sentiment normally. Just not with this manager.

Last season lee johnson didn't start well but you could see something in him and the team. Then we went to donny away and it clicked. The season was going pretty well until he did the dirty.

With kelly though I can't see it. I don't like his tactics, I don't like the way he is on the touchline. He patronises the fans every week in his post match comments, praising them for being the best fans in the world to try to avoid questions on the actual match. He's overloaded the team with midfielders when we need a striker and in my eyes at least one full back. He either pinned all his hopes on one striker which was ridiculous, or he is using it as an excuse as to why we are not playing this expansive style and goals he promised. I don't see enough positives to give him time.

I disagree with your conclusion that we should sack Kelly now, but I feel that your criticisms certainly are valid. They are things that he should be able to solve within a month, two at most, if he's going to cut it as a manager. If by early November the same problems persist then I too will be calling for his head. For now though, he deserves time to prove that he can change these things.

I like his positivity, but while you could tell early on that LJ could identify specific mistakes and try things to rectify them asap, DK's solutions to issues all seem a bit vague and it's far from clear that he knows what to do.

Serious question to all -

Do you think Shez, Ricky or even Eyresy would have more influence and be more successful than Kelly and Holden?

I'll start by obviously saying yes

My frustration is that we could afford any of those three, they would jump at the chance of managing this club and dumping the other two would equally be affordable. Redfearn would be ideal and perhaps him being here today wasn't just coincidence

We couldn't afford Dowie's salary or the huge budget he wanted but we could have afforded better than the useless pollock we employed....

I don't want Dunn either...

I was all for Dowie when that was the rumour but I don't think it'll ever happen and I'm not sure I want it to anymore.

Dunn doesn't strike me as a manager but you never know.... Regardless, let's get 2 seasons out of him as a player only....