• give him another 4 games
    • give him until christmas
    • no he is the man to take us forward

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Didn't go today was at Shrewsbury though and the performance was pretty poor.

Trouble I think we have with Kelly is that he is learning on the job with no experience. LJ was also learning but had his Dad giving him a view into football management. As far as I know Kelly also hasn't played at a high level therefore hasn't had great managers to learn from.

My worry is we have employed somebody who is probably a very good coach but probably needs a no 1 in front of him at this stage of career. Maybe he will learn quickly though, my guess would be so long as we are not cut adrift he will be ok until the start of December. That will be by when he is expected to show strong signs of development.

Not sure calling for his head will do anything but provoke more of a them and us situation as well as a more inwardly facing board. I think he is there til Xmas whatever, hopefully by then as a previous poster has said the stand is open and we have improved. Then a decision to stick or twist will probably made. Just guessing though

Johnson, for all people now dislike him, is a bright feller. Kelly isn't. Johnson has all sorts of contacts in the games. Kelly doesn't really appear to have the same sort of network. Johnson was also a lot better at winning the fans over.

I wasn't happy with the appointment of Johnson as I thought, and still do, that the primary reason that he got the job was that he was the cheapest option. More often than not, that approach won't pan out well. But, with Johnson, the club had stumbled upon a guy who will probably go on to have a reasonably successful career in management (although, he might not be at Barnsley long if he doesn't start getting results). With Kelly, the board's approach was the same - another dirt cheap option - I don't think he has the knowledge or intelligence to learn as quickly as Johnson did and I don't envisage a long career in management for him.

Perhaps he'll prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Johnson, for all people now dislike him, is a bright feller. Kelly isn't. Johnson has all sorts of contacts in the games. Kelly doesn't really appear to have the same sort of network. Johnson was also a lot better at winning the fans over.

I wasn't happy with the appointment of Johnson as I thought, and still do, that the primary reason that he got the job was that he was the cheapest option. More often than not, that approach won't pan out well. But, with Johnson, the club had stumbled upon a guy who will probably go on to have a reasonably successful career in management (although, he might not be at Barnsley long if he doesn't start getting results). With Kelly, the board's approach was the same - another dirt cheap option - I don't think he has the knowledge or intelligence to learn as quickly as Johnson did and I don't envisage a long career in management for him.

We needed a goalscorer..Devante Cole was available from just down the road..goes to Barnsley..2 games, 2 goals..6 points.

Have we lost touch with the local scene scouting wise?

He's not old enough or horrible enough....

I'd actually LOVE to get Ronnie Moore back as I type this :lol:

John Sitton as his assistant.

Forte, you can team up with Poleon if you like and we'll have a right sort out in here, you can get someone else in as well and you can bring your :censored: dinner

We needed a goalscorer..Devante Cole was available from just down the road..goes to Barnsley..2 games, 2 goals..6 points.

Have we lost touch with the local scene scouting wise?

Or maybe we just need to create chances for the strikers we've already got?

Edited by JoeP

I'd have LJ back but only if he agreed not to act like a kid in a sweetshop with signing players....

"Here's your squad Lee, sign a proper striker by all means but that's it....."

We could be very, very good together if he's had his wings clipped and settled down.

Actually, I take it back

https://twitter.com/WestStandBogs/status/640220137174515712

https://twitter.com/WestStandBogs/status/640225306205364224

"Corridor of Confusion" :lol:

I don't disagree, don't know the fella, think he is probably a good no 2 as I allude to, but what is clear is he is learning on the job and is starting from a much lower base than LJ. I don't think the recruits are poor but still feel we miss a goal scorer. However round holes and square pegs is asking for failure and that seems to be where we are headed, Mike Jones is a CM and Forte isn't a lone striker. Danny P is also not a defensive midfielder, why are we trying to recreate these players positions. They are experienced players who have long since found their position, experimentation came much earlier in these particular individuals' career. I am worried

No to Shez.

The players he had in his squad over those 3 years are much better than the ones we have now. I don't think he'd fare better than last time.

I don't think he particularly enjoyed having to explain himself to an estate agent after defeats anyway.