Lee Johnson's much vaunted PowerPoint - here it is

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We slate the powers that be here but, how did nobody on the Barnsley board ask "How come Oldham aren't doing any of this Lee?"

Probably because they had no feckin idea what most of it actually means!! Spellbound by the jargon and nice colours. I've got an interview on Wednesday - :censored: all to do with football, but I'm taking this with me - I'll be nailed on.

I was genuinely convinced it was knocked up Day Today-esque parody. I love how individual brilliance is listed - so simple, why the hell has no one thought of that before?!?!

Edited by cheshire_latic

Football really is such a simple game. Guard your safe zone with 6 second frenzy, get a few balls into bomb alley, if no one is in the corridor of Confusion, stick some individual brilliance on the outskirts of the slip and slide zone.

Oh and always - ALWAYS - have protocol when your weaknesses are exposed. I can't stress that enough.

Piece of Piss!! *Dusts hands*

Edited by cheshire_latic

I don't buy the idea that you can make football too complicated or that footballers are too stupid to internalise complex ideas and execute them.

This is their full time job. There are numerous occupations which require the memorisation of far more rules, ideas and guidelines than any footballer will ever have to do, even if playing for Lee Johnson.

This says more about chairman than it does about Johnson.

They are impressed with graphs, charts and powerpoint bollocks. It is a language they understand.

Can you imagine Brian Clough doing that? Or Ferguson?

Neither can I.

Can you imagine Brian Clough doing that? Or Ferguson?

No, but they started their managerial careers in the '60s and '70s respectively, with the most recently retired doing so two years ago at the age of 71. They were different generations.

However I can imagine Mourinho, Benitez, Monk and other well respected present day managers (or at least their teams) doing it.

The skill is in getting your ideas across to your players successfully.