FT: Oldham 1 Peterborough 5

Terrible performance. No way are these players playing for this set up. They are lacking direction, support and common sense. I'm a 'happy clapper' on here but today I can't find anything positive to say about any of that. Kelly has no clue, Holden has no clue so you are left with a team if players playing a system that seems nit to have been coached to cover all eventualities so we just tippy tappy pass it along a line, relying on someone to pull of a bit of brilliance like Murphy did today. Other than that we have nothing.

Steps need to be taken to either bring in a more experienced manager OR someone to support Kelly in his role and if needs be, tell him what to do, showing him the ropes, otherwise we are going to drop like a stone tied to an anchor.

Kelly can only do so much before the players walk over the white line.

They were a disgrace today. Only Philliskirk can say he played half decent. Truly comical stuff.

I'm not excusing him as part of that collective omnishambles but he could've put out any formation today and that embarrassing bunch of :censored:e would've lost heavily.

They were a disgrace today. Only Philliskirk can say he played half decent. Truly comical stuff.

I'm not excusing him as part of that collective omnishambles but he could've put out any formation today and that embarrassing bunch of :censored:e would've lost heavily.

Murphy did himself some favours today

Obviously he is not doing enough because the players have not got a clue what they are supposed to be doing.

Corney needs to grow a pair and sack him.

But surely it's down to him to pick the right players for the right jobs, set the formation and ensure planned and practiced tactics are understood. To motivate. Some of what I saw today was down to players not knowing their job or panicking because they all seem so unsure of themelves and what they are doing. OK there were a few individual errors today but there was no tactical change. I took Connor Brown to be injured, real or not to force Kelly to change our defence by then we were two down.

Wanted to leave when the fourth went in but couldn't tear myself away. It was like watching a car crash.

Agreed. There was a warped, twisted sense of entertainment about it. It had me laughing at times.

All of the above comments are correct. He does have the reponsibility to manage them and motivate them but some of those players couldn't pass it 6 yards. It was that bad. Yeates and Stan looked injured to me throughout the game and he took neither off, if I was going to level one criticism at him.

Couldn't help but wonder if today's set up was even his idea. Almost smacked of him being told to play two up front & get Winchester back in because the change of heart was so sudden.

It wasn't. He must have bowed to pressure from some where to do it but had no idea how to execute such a tactic. One idea rehearsed in badge academy, play one up front. Don't get battered whilst playing one up front. Repeat.

First half was disgraceful from an home side, started slowly again and never got better. No movement, desire or idea of what they were supposed to be doing.

Why do we need a kick up the backside to break sweat? Second half marginally better but defensive performance today was a shambles. Maybe fancy felt pens and bullet points doesn't work in the real world.

I must be feeling suicidal.... I'm wearing my Latics top surrounded by sky united pub fans and if one of them opens their gob they are going to get it..

So please come to my funeral.... Totally deflated, we ask for two upfront their gk

played a blinder and we were shot down with injuries, ballsed up defence and our gk wobbles..... Glad murphy scored just wanted him to get one so well done him

Edit think we are bad ht both sides "zero shots on target

Edited by underdog

Brilliant, change to two up front but then decide not to bother playing a natural central midfielder. As soon as I saw the team sheet I knew we'd get picked apart in midfield today. And dropping Burn, who has been one of our only positives this season, for this donkey from Celtic was a joke too. Let's face it, Kelly is completely out of depth. We need to nip it in the bud and sack him now while the seasons still recoverable

It's easy to say it was individual errors, but it came through a clear lack of organisation. Nobody appeared to know what they were doing.

jesus, if grown footballers don't no how to play,an change things off their own backs,and put in a shift,then it's time to hang ther boots up, 5-1 WTF

Something horribly wrong at the club.

After 1ST first half I thought ok come out

2nd half all guns blazing,quick goal and

we are right back in it.

We scored after 3 min but the whole

place is like a morque.

Players look as though they have

just scored a consolation (which is what it was)

but there is no atmosphere in the crowd.

Every game this season we have started poorly

but poor finishing by the other team

has kept us in it, today Boro made us pay

and only luck has stopped previous home games

going the same way.

SC has got to admit it just hasn't worked and

replace him while the season is still young.

jesus, if grown footballers don't no how to play,an change things off their own backs,and put in a shift,then it's time to hang ther boots up, 5-1 WTF

Not excusing the players in the slightest, they were poor, but you can't put a 5-1 defeat just down to individual errors.

Sat in the main stand today just behind the bench.

Number of times during the game when things were going wrong and we were being outplayed saw players looking to be bench for assistance / tactical changes etc and were met by a static and blank faced bench.

I know players should be able to do the business once they "cross the white line" but also when things are not working, the idea is that the coaching staff see what is going wrong and give messages out.

DK and DH did nothing.