New Coach

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technology isn't the issue. Clubs have been watching video replays for years in order to analyse why they got torn a new arse the previous week, and with the onset of 3D digital recordings, this analysis is going to get more and more detailed. Fair play, I hope it's gives the players more understanding of why they were crap.

The issue I have is with this class room based, sports science, jargonistic theory that seems to be the trend at the minute. Studying de-hydration levels, based on body mass index, dependent on the metres covered over a 30 second period, will make absolutely no difference in a game for all the effort it takes to work it all out!

Just my opinion like.

Wycombe players had satellite tracking devices on their backs during a recent league match.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34188889

Wonderful, we will be able to use our smartphones to find out when Connor Brown reaches zone 14.

In the Chron, Crofty talks about Keith Brown:

"Already we have noticed a difference in the way training has been set up. It is a lot more intense and every day we have all been worked really hard.

There have been quite a few changes and I am looking forward to seeing their effect on the field.

Keith Brown has been really bright and has brought with him a refreshing approach. His new ideas have really been taken on board by the players. The squad has taken to him".

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/94154/a-joy-to-play-with-and-lots-to-offer

In the Chron, Crofty talks about Keith Brown:

"Already we have noticed a difference in the way training has been set up. It is a lot more intense and every day we have all been worked really hard.

There have been quite a few changes and I am looking forward to seeing their effect on the field.

And absolutely nothing changed.

He's mental this new coach, constantly whistling to players and dancing up and down the touchline giving instructions on positioning, phases of play etc.

Lovely refreshing change

He needs to teach them how to head a ball first, something the last few coaches haven't achieved.

That should have been sorted out in training shouldn't it?

Do all coaches coach in eactly the same way?

should they all be silent because last week that wasnt a good thing?

Gerry Taggert was an example of a quiet coach getting grief beacsue her wasnt arsed

Do all coaches coach in eactly the same way?

should they all be silent because last week that wasnt a good thing?

Gerry Taggert was an example of a quiet coach getting grief beacsue her wasnt arsed

Players can be put off by too much shouting, they have their instuctions before the match, if they can't carry them out replace them with players who can in future.

Players can be put off by too much shouting, they have their instuctions before the match, if they can't carry them out replace them with players who can in future.

Some players need telling constantly or else they lose concentration. For example league 1 footballers who switch off when marking from a set piece.

If a coach shouting an instruction puts you off, get out of the game!

Some players need telling constantly or else they lose concentration. For example league 1 footballers who switch off when marking from a set piece.

If a coach shouting an instruction puts you off, get out of the game!

Some will, mark my words.

As a former coach/manager my thought is players can get tunnel vision and concentrate on solely there job etc (not saying it's negative but that's what I've found) the coach or manager can see the bigger picture and can make alterations or let players know what's happening around them. Although there a is a difference between constant shouting and offering input when required.

I am equally suspicious of a coach who is quiet or the loudest person there as this shows inadequacies