FT: Port Vale 1 Oldham 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought individually it was a mixture of performance but therew no cohesion as a team. Higdon and poleon played alright but werent given correct service.

Too much time is spent chasing the ball because we give it away so easily. We break slowly, we never switch play across the field quickly....all very conservative and predictable.

Player wise, i thought brown was poor, kelly in parts and jones. Jones mainly because of where he was playes. Everyone else was ok. The issue can only be with the style they play not how the play. Is that down to the coaching? Time will tell

Get serious it was poor it was port Vale we were playing and made them look like Brazil at some points! The last 10 minutes we just kicked any where clinging on. There best 2 players this season were out injured. What disappoints me and this stems to the previous manager as well they don't look fit!

I can't take anybody seriously when they say "It's only Port Vale"

I agree with what was said earlier, we have improved in every game under Dunn so far.

We really should have had the game sewn up by the time their goal came. Poleon whilst he deserves his chance wastes far two much in front of goal, when he is creative the other players aren't up to speed and the chance goes begging. This was illustrated perfectly when he drilled a low ball into the box only for the chance to slip away because nobody gambled. Glad Higdon is off the mark, the chance from the Poleon rebound didn't look the kindest of angles, at least he followed it up.

We will get better as the games go on, of that I'm sure, I don't hold out much hope for Saturday mind.

Heard Poleon missed a sitter but sounds like he caused them problems too?

Why do managers not want to play Jones in CM?

Didn't go the game last night but where the F is Joe Mills? I hope he's injured as if he's just not being picked it's a disgrace...he's 10x better than Brown...How Dunn can say he's too soft (if the rumours are true) is beyond me he gets nailed about 5 times a match and never :censored:s out of tackles. Looks a tart but doesn't play like one as far as I can see.

Heard Poleon missed a sitter but sounds like he caused them problems too?

Why do managers not want to play Jones in CM?

Didn't go the game last night but where the F is Joe Mills? I hope he's injured as if he's just not being picked it's a disgrace...he's 10x better than Brown...How Dunn can say he's too soft (if the rumours are true) is beyond me he gets nailed about 5 times a match and never :censored:s out of tackles. Looks a tart but doesn't play like one as far as I can see.

Poleon could've had a hat trick had it been his night! He did work very well coming in from the wing.

Re Jones, it's merely because we've got 407 midfielders vying for spots, he has looked a shadow of the player we had last season.

Re Jones, it's merely because we've got 407 midfielders vying for spots, he has looked a shadow of the player we had last season.

And none of them can kick it with their left foot? Mr Dunn can we have a left winger please urgently!

We need Mills back too otherwise we will only be using one half of the pitch to attack down making it easy to defend against!

And none of them can kick it with their left foot? Mr Dunn can we have a left winger please urgently!

We need Mills back too otherwise we will only be using one half of the pitch to attack down making it easy to defend against!

We attacked down the left when Yeates came on on Saturday.

Did he get on last night? I really rate him.

I thought it was terrible.

We completely lost shape and composure as the game went on and throughout our passing and movement lacked any sharpness and precision.

The 20 minutes either side of half time showcased the best of our game (and arguably could have killed it), but as said by somebody earlier, as soon as the substitution was made Vale were in complete control.

Brown (who was hopeless) was completely exposed by Jones and they just loaded ball after ball (with little or no pressure centrally) onto him and the equaliser was inevitable.

Both centre halves defended well, but the complete inability to clear our lines should have seen us punished by more clinical opposition.

Cornell's kicking in particular was truly disasterous and invited pressure throughout.

We also looked completely spent after 70 minutes and by the finish the movement was non-existant.

Very concerned and saddened by the clear regression of the past 12 months - they are capable of far better.

From the highlights reel Burn got bullied off their centre forward twice. And was ultimately at fault for the goal as his man was the one scoring the goal.

Higdon is a great addition, certainly can bully like their striker did to Burn, and will score goals with average service.

Glad Poleon is becoming our new love in, when all he does is run around. From twitter comments he had 4 or 5 opportunities. Goals - zero.

From the highlights reel Burn got bullied off their centre forward twice. And was ultimately at fault for the goal as his man was the one scoring the goal.

Higdon is a great addition, certainly can bully like their striker did to Burn, and will score goals with average service.

Glad Poleon is becoming our new love in, when all he does is run around. From twitter comments he had 4 or 5 opportunities. Goals - zero.

But it's not just 'running around' - that is Croft and Philliskirk.

He grabs the team by the scruff of the neck and pushes us forwards. Something only Mike Jones (and Winchester) is capable of in our current team, I believe.

We have enough pedestrian and defensive-minded players as it is. Every team needs that spark of intent. Poleon is ours, as was Harkins and Baxter, and, to a different degree, Tarky.

Edited by NewBlue