Oldham v Scunthorpe

Ye gods...that was tough.

Our GK was man of the match for me and their fourth goal was a beaut but showed that we lack someone in defence that is prepared to stick a tackle in. Tore us a new one and shame we can't drop the entire back line for my liking after today.

Don't think Dunn we get any honeymoon period, 10 games etc....it's going to be a tough season.

Can't put my finger on it but we are Definatley missing some sort of big character, a bit of oomph....I just can't get excited about any of them and some were here last season so I don't know why it's not working.

Mirfin showed the oomph and character we lack.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did we do to upset their players? Celebrating like we'd been calling their mums whores for an hour.

paddy madden twitted they should turn over teams like Oldham on Friday, and a few folk I no re twitted him to say get real,in a nice way!!!!!

Brown had a shocker today but he wasn't on his own,croft was poor Jones is better in the middle why he got put on the wing and philliskirk in the centre is beyond me.how does Philly get in the side he just gets pushed off the ball to easy and don't get me started on the stupid sideways passing Scunthorpe looked to get the ball forward all the time we just pass it from one side of the pitch to the other then back again eight passes later we are in the same place we started. Absolute crap today

I went to the game hoping the run of draws would end - well it did. The first nail for me was the selection of Connor in front of Dieng, Wilson and that other guy I have yet to see. True to form Connor made an error and they scored. We then scored two but on the run of play they were the much better team and the equaliser to go in 2 2 at half time well deserved. Second half instead of going for Connor they went for Burn and to be thought of as weaker than Connor is rather damming.

So we can play 4 4 2 and get smashed - Peterborough and now Scunthorpe or we can play 4 5 1 and eek out a draw. Both scenarios mean only one thing - RELEGATION!

We are already well down the road to League Two. In mid-February Latics beat Swindon when, despite not being the better team, every player put in a full shift and set the standard we should be able to rely on as the norm. It was the fourth win in six games. Since that game, and under four different managers, Latics have won only 4 out of 29, gaining only 25 points.

We are already well down the road to League Two. In mid-February Latics beat Swindon when, despite not being the better team, every player put in a full shift and set the standard we should be able to rely on as the norm. It was the fourth win in six games. Since that game, and under four different managers, Latics have won only 4 out of 29, gaining only 25 points.

The last 46 league games have yielded 12 wins, worryingly that's about the amount relegated teams gain, in the same period we have notched up 52 points, again that will put us right in the relegation mix. Some of those results include an outstanding October we had last year where we went unbeaten so by the end of this month the 46 game form table could make grim reading.

In the same period of time we have also lost all three cup games contested so it is actually 12 wins in 49 outings.

Edited by yarddog73

Ye gods...that was tough.

Our GK was man of the match for me and their fourth goal was a beaut but showed that we lack someone in defence that is prepared to stick a tackle in. Tore us a new one and shame we can't drop the entire back line for my liking after today.

In fact,that girls,team who played at half time, that defender who cropped the striker a foot taller than her played with more guts....the striker when off crying bless as it poper winded her.......

The Chron agrees with you:

Crunching tackles, crowd-pleasing action and a sense of purpose and drive were all in evidence on Saturday afternoon.

It's a shame from Athletic's perspective that all of that came in a small-sided game at half-time featuring the ROCS under-10s girls' team.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/94581/latics-torn-to-shreds