Direct Golf/Mike Ashley strikes again

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/direct-golf-uk-battle-ownership-10201532

Allegedly Mike Ashley, who owns only 25% of Direct Golf sent out letters to all staff members saying Direct Golf was to be rebranded as Sports Direct Golf without the consent of the majority shareholder.

He is an absolute :censored:, and I cant believe we have sold our soul to him. How long before he starts prying on us? I would imagine the deal he made with Latics is a bit more shady than just sponsorship.

Jesus what are you going on about?! Sold our soul! It's called surviving! If we were in a position to reject the cash I think we would have done but unless you've got a pot of gold waiting to invest in Oldham I would say keep quiet. Clearly something has gone on for him to be changing the locks etc. since when did papers tell the whole story?!

Edited by adamoafc

Jesus what are you going on about?! Sold our soul! It's called surviving! If we were in a position to reject the cash I think we would have done but unless you've got a pot of gold waiting to invest in Oldham I would say keep quiet. Clearly something has gone on for him to be changing the locks etc. since when did papers tell the whole story?!

Say what you like, Mike Ashley has :censored:ed up Rangers, took millions out of Newcastle and now is popping off Direct Golf for his own greed. Hes bad news, and everything that was Oldham Athletic is now Sports Direct. Signs of football today that you're happy with this guy being involved 'to survive'. We havent done badly the last 10 years without him.

And he has withdrawn his funding from Golf Direct to force the administration, so he can purchase the company and its assets on the cheap, similar to the Rangers scenario.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/direct-golf-uk-battle-ownership-10201532

Allegedly Mike Ashley, who owns only 25% of Direct Golf sent out letters to all staff members saying Direct Golf was to be rebranded as Sports Direct Golf without the consent of the majority shareholder.

It sounds like they're going bust and what Ashley is doing stops that.....

Edited by HarryBosch

He is an absolute :censored:, and I cant believe we have sold our soul to him. How long before he starts prying on us? I would imagine the deal he made with Latics is a bit more shady than just sponsorship.

See -

country has gone to pot since we abolished hanging !!!!

Say what you like, Mike Ashley has :censored:ed up Rangers, took millions out of Newcastle and now is popping off Direct Golf for his own greed. Hes bad news, and everything that was Oldham Athletic is now Sports Direct. Signs of football today that you're happy with this guy being involved 'to survive'. We havent done badly the last 10 years without him.

And he has withdrawn his funding from Golf Direct to force the administration, so he can purchase the company and its assets on the cheap, similar to the Rangers scenario.

He is an evil exploiting capitalist zero hours contract bastard, but did he really screw up Rangers? If so, good on him!

However, i don't think he did. Has he taken millions out of Newcastle? Is he popping off Direct Golf (i hate golf - middle class pileof bollocks).

I sympathise with your anger, but i can't see your argument.

You will find he is pumping in around 30 million a year to keep Newcastle ticking along but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story, as for Rangers it was them who went cap in hand to Ashley and he is one bloke they couldn't have for a mug.

Apologies if I dont take your word as gospel, what with all the backup youve supplied.

He uses underhanded tactics to take control of companies and build his business empire without any regard to the people/companies affected, hes all big pound signs and profits. I dont know why Im even bothering explaining myself, people seem happy to defend him which I find quite extraodinary, the mans bad news

Apologies if I dont take your word as gospel, what with all the backup youve supplied.

He uses underhanded tactics to take control of companies and build his business empire without any regard to the people/companies affected, hes all big pound signs and profits. I dont know why Im even bothering explaining myself, people seem happy to defend him which I find quite extraodinary, the mans bad news

Why do these companies go cap in hand to Ashley if he is bad news, if you want to borrow money off him you secure your assets against the debt and if you don't pay he has you by the bollocks, its not like these outfits don't know what they are getting themselves in for, he is the second richest man in the country and hasn't made his fortune through being ripped off.

But it sounds like the business is up the spout - why should he, or anybody, prop it up on any terms other than his own?

• 4 months later...