Sheff Utd in Chaddy End

Tomorrow sees the first big test for the club and police of having away fans in the Chaddy End. It has always been a concern for me that the new arrangements leads to opposing fans walking against each other after the game.

So far we haven't really had a big, hostile away following. That may well change tomorrow.

Hopefully my fears will be unfounded but I hope this is being managed. It wouldn't surprise me if the Yorkies have to exit the stand via the car park exit to ease the problem.

Tomorrow sees the first big test for the club and police of having away fans in the Chaddy End. It has always been a concern for me that the new arrangements leads to opposing fans walking against each other after the game.

So far we haven't really had a big, hostile away following. That may well change tomorrow.

Hopefully my fears will be unfounded but I hope this is being managed. It wouldn't surprise me if the Yorkies have to exit the stand via the car park exit to ease the problem.

Don't see much difference, whichever stand the away fans are leaving, if they're walking on to Sheepfoot Lane they're going to be mixing with home fans.

If the police use there noggings they could start sending these "big hostile away fans" to the clayton and the rifle range before the match and then after the match the could shepard (for want of a better phrase)the fans back in that direction thus keeping the two sets of unruly alcohol abusing bother boys away from each other.

If the police use there noggings they could start sending these "big hostile away fans" to the clayton and the rifle range before the match and then after the match the could shepard (for want of a better phrase)the fans back in that direction thus keeping the two sets of unruly alcohol abusing bother boys away from each other.

Yes theres a really good public transport network to get all these unruly fans out of North Chadderton isn't there!

Edited by yarddog73

If those buggers on the pitch don't show us a bit of of pride and passion today, if be more worried about the home contingent myself

But I really do dislike the blunts.....we've been lucky the last few seasons....hope we can ride our luck today too

suspect one or two may be able to remember the last time there was a large number of Blades in the chaddy now that was a hairy afternoon to be up on the boards at the back

happy days !

Must admit the thread title reminded me of past, ahem, "high-spirited occasions".

Night match, 3-0 to Latics and a hasty forced relocation to the main stand paddock...?

Edited by piglinbland

Considering the "flare-up" that happened last week for a much more friendlier game the cops need to be better than they were last week. Quite a delayed reaction as two groups of fans were seemingly throwing projectiles at each other with a danger of innocent fans and local residents being hurt

I must say that announcement that they had to leave the stand on to the car park side only was a bit pointless. The gates were open and fans pouring out onto Sheepfoot Lane side. Why the sudden change?

Probably for the coach parties more than anything, that said if it was for a safety point of view and you and others were parked at say the Clayton Green etc, what's the point in walking around the whole ground to get where you need to be lol - pointless exercise unless you're gonna lock them in for half n hour or so

I don't care myself about them taking charlie in the Rifle Range :censored:house but it's a bit annoying them trying to block the whole gents out for it when I just want a piss

What time was this? I thought Jose looked to be playing under the influence of something. Might explain the shot landing on the Chaddy roof.

I presume the Licensing Authority had representatives there for the test event and to check compliance with the Safety Certificate, particularly no standing being allowed in an all-seater stadium. The Club has sanctioned standing for The Athleticos, tucked away up the top corner, but to see almost the whole of the Chaddy standing and singing "we do what we want" begs the question about compliance and enforcement. No doubt the Club will be told by the Licensing Authority to issue a warning to supporters about the prohibition on standing.

Similarly all-seater away ends are shown on TV every week to be non-compliant all-standing. Nothing is done about it but safe standing is still not introduced.