TAXI FOR DUNN!

(strokes chin) so I'll be in the Scottish Premier League next year where I have a chance of reaching Champions League Qualifiers or do I go for a League One club whose management team are working to a strategy to take them to League 2 and beyond. Doris, I'm struggling with this decision I could really do with some help here!!!!!!

2nd year in in the Scottish Championship after several Premier League relegations in the last few years. They will have to get through a play off as Rangers still massive faves are more likley to win the league.

You have them challenging for Europe already!

The fact that a manager that dominated their top league could only get a job at Championship relegation fodder Bolton tells you all you need to know about the level up there. Terry Butcher made it to Newport after a little success so why couldn't we get him!?

It was a suggestion & a realistic one IMO as most managers would love a chance in England. But hey you must know something I don't if you have Hibs up to 4th in the Scottish Prem already!

Edited by palmer1

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen David Dunn is going nowhere.

He will be given time until Jones and Cassidy and then Forte return from injury and then the transfer window to bring in his own players and maybe get rid of a few. If people want to waste time discussing other Managers they are wasting their time.

For all the fans on here who think that the solution is to simply go for all out attack which will bring us better results your tactical knowledge is years behind.

Dunn doesnt have all the answers and will make loads more mistakes but at the moment he is Manager of OAFC so why dont you just get behind him and support the team.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

He will be given time until Jones and Cassidy and then Forte return from injury and then the transfer window to bring in his own players and maybe get rid of a few. If people want to waste time discussing other Managers they are wasting their time.

For all the fans on here who think that the solution is to simply go for all out attack which will bring us better results your tactical knowledge is years behind.

Dunn doesnt have all the answers and will make loads more mistakes but at the moment he is Manager of OAFC so why dont you just get behind him and support the team.

Because he's :censored: and has been since day one

I have no doubt that Dunn will be given time but will the 3 players you mention make a difference?

Jones has played most of the season out of position & has looked unhappy doing it. Half the player he was last season, is he happy playing for Dunn? Time will tell.

Cassidy injured early doors after starting well but hasn't got a great scoring record. He will give us urgency & temp which we lack but is he the answer? Hopefully

Forte? Move fails due to injury. Has operation which will see him recover & gain a little fitness in time for January. Is he staying?

I have no doubt that Dunn will be given time but will the 3 players you mention make a difference?

Jones has played most of the season out of position & has looked unhappy doing it. Half the player he was last season, is he happy playing for Dunn? Time will tell.

Cassidy injured early doors after starting well but hasn't got a great scoring record. He will give us urgency & temp which we lack but is he the answer? Hopefully

Forte? Move fails due to injury. Has operation which will see him recover & gain a little fitness in time for January. Is he staying?

I would rather have Jones in midfield with Kelly above anybody else.

Cassidy in my mind replaces both Higdon and Fuller and perhaps Poleon too so frees up some wages for a n other striker perhaps too

Forte I grant you is a bit of a luxury but when he plays he quite often scores.

All 3 of them we are paying whilst not playing so within the budget the return of all 3 can only be a good thing even if it simply frees up money for other areas

People talking like we will be wheeling and dealing in January makes me laugh, whose going to want 90% of our players? Our better loanees will get better deals at more ambitious clubs, we don't have a pot to piss in as it is, we are :censored:ed. From having players like Coleman, Winchester and Jones who would all of gone for money 6 months ago we now have a squad full of players nobody wants, just look at B Wilson we couldn't give him away to a League 2 team. Short sighted appointments this season have hurt us in more ways than one, the team has not developed on any front we would be lucky to get a reasonable fee for our skipper but the rest are pretty much worthless.

Edited by yarddog73

People talking like we will be wheeling and dealing in January makes me laugh, whose going to want 90% of our players? Our better loanees will get better deals at more ambitious clubs and we don't have a pot to piss in as it is, we are :censored:ed, from having players like Coleman, Winchester and Jones who would all of gone for money 6 months ago we now have a squad full of players nobody wants, just look at B Wilson we couldn't give him away to a League 2 team. Short sighted appointments this season have have hurt us in more ways than one, the team has not developed on any front we would be lucky to get a reasonable fee for our skipper but the rest are pretty much worthless.

We will have wages to play with within the budget-that is critical for a club of our resources. We are not talking about selling players for £500K

People call the manager and say players are not playing for him or not being given the correct instructions.

A good player is a good player and someone will come in for Jones if we were daft enough to let him go. Coleman like all young goalies is going through a dodgy spell but he will come good. Winchester well his value seems to have been between NIL and £500K+ according to different posters.

If he is sat on the bench why hasnt some other club come in to take him on loan with a view to buying him in January? I think that I know the answer but you seem to just blame the Manager(s) for not selecting him every week out of some odd sort of spite.

I am not trying to get into another discussion about Winchester and we will have to agree to disagree on that one but we havent really been a selling club for years apart from the odd youth who has shone on an odd occasion. We are stuck with what we have but things will get better!

I have sympathy for Dunn because the real problem is the decisions from the people above him at the club.

But that's where the sympathy ends.

We need to beat Crewe to prevent this month being anything other than awful. It is the best chance Dunn will get to kick start our season and frankly it looks like we are going backwards rather than forwards.

He's very early into management but we are in no position to wait for him and are in desperate need of a hero. Unfortunately he doesn't look like being it. He doesn't need a transfer window, he's made more than enough signings to be making an impact by now. If he doesn't look to be making progress with the current set of players by Boxing Day then I wouldn't trust him with the recruitment in January.

Sorry HB I respect you and all, but you cut out the rest of my post in which I said exactly that!

Yes you did. :lol:

My apologies.

I respect you too.

Hug?