TAXI FOR DUNN!

Same players have gone backwards since then though, some markedly, it can't just be the case that they are all being managed badly.

The two halves of that sentence aren't opposed to each other like they read

Why can't it be down to bad management? The fact none of them have turned up since we last had a competent manager suggests it has had a significant effect...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't it be down to bad management? The fact none of them have turned up since we last had a competent manager suggests it has had a significant effect...

Too many shrinking violets who don't want to battle, that's relegation material.

I just think it is far too easy to point the finger at the manager when things aren't going well.

Trouble is, we are pointing all over the place. Kelly, Dunn, Corney, Holden, Brown, GK coach. (Sounds like the start of a Billy Joel song)

We are at a loss to what the reason is I think, so it may well be more than one reason.

Edited by singe

Good players have the ability to break out of the framework/system when needed.

We don't have anyone able or willing (maybe Yeates/Winchester) to make a forward pass, run beyond the strikers, have a shot from distance.

The defenders don't want to put their bodies on the line, Burn was a bit raw but he'd put his head in where it hurts.

We don't have anyone able or willing (maybe Yeates/Winchester) to make a forward pass, run beyond the strikers, have a shot from distance.

The defenders don't want to put their bodies on the line, Burn was a bit raw but he'd put his head in where it hurts.

What about Chelsea at the moment?

You can add Poleon, Philliskirk, Rasulo, Jones to that first category. The second I absolutely agree with.

And I agree our mindset is wrong - defensive, negative, cowardly, however you want to put it, but that's not to say they can't do it.

Is the fact that Dunn has always played & been managed at a higher level part of the problem?

Is he taking it for granted that the players can do a lot of what he considers the basics because him & his team mates always could and, therefore, not training or drilling them in the basics??

Positioning that would be second nature to a Premier League or Championship player might not be to a League One player....

I have sympathy for Dunn because the real problem is the decisions from the people above him at the club.

But that's where the sympathy ends.

We need to beat Crewe to prevent this month being anything other than awful. It is the best chance Dunn will get to kick start our season and frankly it looks like we are going backwards rather than forwards.

He's very early into management but we are in no position to wait for him and are in desperate need of a hero. Unfortunately he doesn't look like being it. He doesn't need a transfer window, he's made more than enough signings to be making an impact by now. If he doesn't look to be making progress with the current set of players by Boxing Day then I wouldn't trust him with the recruitment in January.

Winchesters one, problem is when he doesn't do as he is told he gets dropped for a loanee like Fulton who I would best describe as bland, I've not seen a player let a game pass him by for a long time, that guy is a unit yet tackles like a pussy, premier league coaching for you I guess.

Winchesters one, problem is when he doesn't do as he is told he gets dropped for a loanee like Fulton who I would best describe as bland, I've not seen a player let a game pass him by for a long time, that guy is a unit yet tackles like a pussy, premier league coaching for you I guess.

His not wanting to play in the cup & the way he shat out of a few tackles last night tells you all you need to know about his commitment to the cause.

Send him back...

They get stick no matter what they do, last nights ticket offer being the latest example.

Again though that sounds like they made a mistake in regard to away fans doesn't it? People will always moan but get things right & it will keep the majority quiet

His not wanting to play in the cup & the way he shat out of a few tackles last night tells you all you need to know about his commitment to the cause.

Send him back...

Agree.

Last night was an embarrassing show from Fulton. Zero effort and/or interest in how that game was to pan out last night.

I'd be fuming if I was Carl Winchester watching that from the bench.

Agree.

Last night was an embarrassing show from Fulton. Zero effort and/or interest in how that game was to pan out last night.

I'd be fuming if I was Carl Winchester watching that from the bench.

I agree, should send him back today and look for someone who will battle for the cause.

Edited by BP1960

Again though that sounds like they made a mistake in regard to away fans doesn't it? People will always moan but get things right & it will keep the majority quiet

As H. Bosch has said many times, it would do no harm to have a more professional type doing the day to day running of the club.

But when they put on a good offer and barely 3000 turn up, and I was one of the regulars who wasn't there, the owners are entitled to ask why the :censored: are they bothering.

As H. Bosch has said many times, it would do no harm to have a more professional type doing the day to day running of the club.

But when they put on a good offer and barely 3000 turn up, and I was one of the regulars who wasn't there, the owners are entitled to ask why the :censored: are they bothering.

They ought to look at themselves before they look at the fans.

1 home win all season! Not one under the current manager..

They can ask but they already know the answer

We wouldn't get 5,000 if it was free, you probably wouldnt go yourself admit it.