TAXI FOR DUNN!

1 home win all season! Not one under the current manager..

They can ask but they already know the answer

It's classic chicken and egg, but ultimately if we want better players and managers then we have to put the cash in the coffers.

The more stayaway, the more the cloth gets cut.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read Simon Jordans a while back, he says is biggest regrets/mistakes were appointing the wrong managers.

Appointing Dean Holden was so so wrong on two levels

1 First time the fans had any hope for a considerable time and in the fans eyes was giving up on any chance of the play offs, hence the fans being dissilousioned being understandable.

2 No management experience, his appointment was made on the previous thinking of giving managers a chance who have had no experience.

Dean Holden was a failure as manager and has now been assistant to both DK & DK with what results, there is a recurring theme.

Whenever you are referred to as a nice guy their is a problem which means you are not good at your job you have no respect, was Clough & Ferguson refered to as nice guys?

Now dealing with DD - he is doing worse than DK because he had a period before being appointed to evaluate & formulate a plan going forward.

Key skills for a manager does DD do the following well?

Motivate / man management skills?

Tactician?

Ability to adapt in a match situation, in other words see a weakness in another team & act accordingly or we are getting overun in a particular part of the pitch & acting swiftly before we have conceded a goal?

Formation is not the issue for me it is the instructions you give the players within the formation, football games are won with the movement of the ball, are the players being restricted to take chances thus playing with fear & lack of motivation?

Poor start to games is inexcusable that is a total lack of preperation.

An appalling home record plus bad communication from the club in terms having a go at fans repeatedly, stand delay/ false deadlines, ched evans, management appointments etc etc so it is understandable that the club has now created a cocktail of negativity.and should be apologising to fans and not having a go at them.;

It's classic chicken and egg, but ultimately if we want better players and managers then we have to put the cash in the coffers.

The more stayaway, the more the cloth gets cut.

I don't disagree with that at all but I'm not sure why you are trying to defend this situation...

They put on a offer but managed to :censored: that up & gave the oppo the perfect team talk to go with it & sounds like it could cost them anyway after Southend complaints.

You didn't go last night as you said, I didn't go to the Mansfield game. As fans aren't we allowed to ask why should we bother if what we are paying for is to watch our team bend over & get :censored:ed by a Southend?

I don't live round the corner anymore so The hour & half drive home in torrential rain last night topped it off nicely. Can't I have a slightly negative attitude about the situation without reading the chairman & manager who just took my money aren't happy with my attitude?

I'm pretty positive generally & I defend them a great deal on here but the last time I felt like this was when Penny was in charge.

Edited by palmer1

I'll find myself echoing a lot of sentiments uttered in this thread, such as passed the point of caring and paying the money to attend a match unjustifiable. There is definitely something wrong that we're not seeing.

Firstly, on the question of David Dunn. I haven't took to him and he dug his hole when he criticised us, the supporters, after the victory at Chesterfield. There are some times when I wonder what planet a few supporters are residing on, but that also extends to club employees, predominantly players and management. Dunn spoke about expectations. Call me daft but I think supporters have the right to expect more than dull, tepid, error-strewn performances against teams that have lost eight on the trot and other mediocre sides - especially when playing at Boundary Park. The man has had zero impact on the performances or results, yet has had to gall to question supporters' judgement. When you're new in a working environment, you keep your head down and perform well until you develop a reputation to begin expressing yourself more. It would appear Dunn thinks his reputation as a footballer extends to his ability to manage and coach. That criticism of us has left me completely devoid of support for the man.

Secondly, is it the players' ability or their level of commitment and desire to achieve? I have seen most of these lads play a lot and there is individual talent, yet the management have failed to squeeze more than 90 minutes out of them. We get a crucial three points and then fall back into our lethargic style. Personally, I'd suggest it's both the players and the management. We have to find or develop a style that allows us to win in this league. I won't accept the finance element - most of the clubs in this division scrap for talent. Our failure is the failure to compete on the field.

We then turn to the overall direction of stewardship of the entire club. They lauded the construction of the stand and possibilities it could bring. Well, we're heading into December and we're in a serious position. The threat of relegation at this stage seems more likely that not.

Worrying.

As H. Bosch has said many times, it would do no harm to have a more professional type doing the day to day running of the club.

But when they put on a good offer and barely 3000 turn up, and I was one of the regulars who wasn't there, the owners are entitled to ask why the :censored: are they bothering.

They could do like Bury have done and sign some big money players using loan monies and get around the playoffs and then less than 2500 turn up

The problems at the club are more deep rooted and long standing than a rookie manager struggling to get to grips with the job.

Lack of direction - do we want to be a platform for young players, a team that plays attacking football?

Poor recruitment - all these big clubs on our doorstep and our relationships with them seen non existent, three getting good reviews out on loan in Evans, Kent and Pearson, why are they not playing for us? Why we are not picking up the best local lads being released by them?

The problems at the club are more deep rooted and long standing than a rookie manager struggling to get to grips with the job.

That's another debate altogether.

In the meantime, Dunn has a squad of players to train and send out to play football matches.

Let's not overcomplicate his role...

Good players have the ability to break out of the framework/system when needed.

We don't have anyone able or willing (maybe Yeates/Winchester) to make a forward pass, run beyond the strikers, have a shot from distance.

The defenders don't want to put their bodies on the line, Burn was a bit raw but he'd put his head in where it hurts.

You clearly missed some of Burns "performances" then. I will give you the Doncaster goal for starters...

Winchesters one, problem is when he doesn't do as he is told he gets dropped for a loanee like Fulton who I would best describe as bland, I've not seen a player let a game pass him by for a long time, that guy is a unit yet tackles like a pussy, premier league coaching for you I guess.

It spoke volumes when it emerged that Fulton himself didn't want to become cup-tied. Now I could understand a club saying no...but a player himself? Would've shipped him off straight away with that attitude. Bit like George "be back in the Prem in 6 months" Green was.

EDIT: Only just seen Harry Bosch's almost identical comment about Fulton after I posted this. Ooops...

Edited by boundaryblue80

As H. Bosch has said many times, it would do no harm to have a more professional type doing the day to day running of the club.

But when they put on a good offer and barely 3000 turn up, and I was one of the regulars who wasn't there, the owners are entitled to have a :censored:ing good look at themselves.

Fixed that for you.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Just controlled media jib.....what in all honesty do you expect him to say.....I just wish he would show a bit more passion, if he's like that in the dressing room he wouldn't inspire me!!

Like I've said before he knows a lot of our players aren't good enough, silk purse and all that, and I think he's just muddling through until the January window and hoping he can do some player juggling.

Coleman always does well on a tiny budget, what he's done at Accy is nothing short of a miracle and I can see no reason he'd want to come here as the way it's going we'll be swapping leagues

The one thing he would do if he ever did come is this, players that go through the motions would be out the door that day and what's left would be playing for their futures at the club

Coleman was a disaster at Rochdale

Coleman was a disaster at Rochdale

Don't think he'd be alone in that job do you? My guess is he'll be a League one manager again, sooner rather than later and on far less resources than any Latics manager has ever been on, Accrington Stanley???

Just look at their ground, fanbase and players, Coleman and his able assistant Jimmy Bell have brought it all together once again, sat 5th in the table with a game in hand I'd say he's far from being a 'Disaster' and as said his players most certainly know the score!

(strokes chin) so I'll be in the Scottish Premier League next year where I have a chance of reaching Champions League Qualifiers or do I go for a League One club whose management team are working to a strategy to take them to League 2 and beyond. Doris, I'm struggling with this decision I could really do with some help here!!!!!!